Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some advice pls

hi guys,
    First of all,thanks for taking your time to read my post.I am relatively new to this site.I entered this country legally and currently out of status for a while,i am planning to marry my girlfriend who is an us citizen.we were wondering if it is better to hire a lawyer for our case or do it ourselves.I felt may be it is not a straight forward case considering my current status.Please do reply me about ur opinion in this matter.hope to hear from many and want to let you know you guys are awesome.
    seth

After the 1997 introduction of entry bars for people who overstayed their visas, it may be difficult to adjust status even by marrying a USC, if your overstay is more than 180 days.

I strongly advise you do NOT do any filing on your own.
    You may be detained and placed under deportation proceedings because you are out of status.

Talk to a very good immigration attorney. dublew dublew dublew.law-visa-usa dot com is a cheap and very good attorney.
    Last edited by peace; 05-11-2007, 10:52 AM.

Comment

no offence..peace

I have seen plenty of cases on i m m i g r a t i o n . c o m. where the person entered legally, overstayed, married GOD..err. US citizen and got a GC AS LONG AS the person did not leave the USA ON AP (AP does not work in case of overstay of 180 days)....anyway, if you got the $ ,hire some1..but they won' do any better as long as the spouse is US citizen, u shall get ur gc...till then, park it in the usa..don't go out

As soon as this out of status person files for 485, he is adjusting status..no1 can touch him. MAIL THE DARN FORMS !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X