Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K3 based green card

Hi,

I have a ver important question to ask as i have been getting different answers from different attorneys. PLease help. Can an alien who entered with a K3 in 2004, adjust status now if they are married to someone other than the initial I-130 and I-129 petitioner. I entered the USA in 2004 with a K3, before submitting an I-485 to USCIS, i obtained a divorce from my husband, as i was beaten and abused by him. I have domestic violence reports from police and records of his abuse. its been 3 years since i've obtained a divorce, and so my K3 visa im assuming is no longer valid since im no longer with my ex-husband. I have now met someone else who is a USC. i would like to know if i could adjust status through him. or am i already under the 10 year ban. if i am, can i do a waiver here in the USA or does it have to take place at the consualte. I've been told that K1 standards are different than those of the K3 standards, and that the 90 day provision does not apply for me. but i have also been told that i could not adjust here. please tell me me i fi could adjust here, or send me information in regards to this.
    thank you
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

As your case is complicated, you should refer to an immigration attorney.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X