if my husband and I was married while he was here on a B1-B2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if my husband and I was married while he was here on a B1-B2

I am a US citizen, my husband came here on a B1-B2 Visa, we had only intentions to meet and see how things went in person with us, Well, we knew we had to be with each other, so we married, and filed AOS, then he was called back home in Egypt on a emergency, his mother was very ill, and in the hospital, he panicked, only could think that his mom was sick, and he needed to be by herside, he did not wait to submit a Travel document. He has been out of the US for about 18 days now. I realize the the AOS is canceled because he left the US without an aproved Travel Document. I need to know is it possible to keep the same Form I-130 that we previously used, an Immagration Officer said that I could, then the Officer said i would have to File a Form I-129F along with the receipt of the Form I-130, I dont know what to think, I get different answers from different Immigration Officers, I am going in to the sub office service center, on Tues,01/06/04 to find out sure waht needs to be done, but, if anyone is in, or has read another story as mine, please share your story, and any advice will be much appreciated, I am going crazy not knowing what will happen, please, help,,,,,sincerely E.E.

Re: if my husband and I was married while he was here on a B

The I-129F that the officer mentioned is used to apply for a K3 visa.
    Forget talking with USCIS personnel. They are not trained in the law. Talk with an immigration lawyer. If you can't afford the money, there are organizations, usually affiliated with churches, who help on a pro bono basis.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X