Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting for I-130 Receipt Notice still...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nitshrut
    @ cincy

No i was talking about the last name post thing
    let me ask you something
    when you did the i-130..did u put your last name after ur wife name because my bro put his wife last name in i-130

also about the police thing my husband knows many people where he lives.he is from Gujarat..he hasn't state doing anything yet about that..do you think he should start doing this things from now..

thanks cincy.
    I've heard that the PCC should be obtained at least after receiving approval from USCIS, if not until the consulate sends instructions to do so. However, I've also read that PCC are valid for 1 year. So I'm not sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by runner83
      Hi CTK3,

Looks like California dates are moving forward pretty fast now....not sure if it was posted in error.
      Yes, you are right Runner83. CSC is faster now. VSC looks like dead !

Comment

• Thanks for posting the spreadsheet on google spreahsheets. It is easier to access it now. Can anyone logon and edit the spreadsheet? If that is the case, then the information can easily be changed by others. Let me know what you think.

Link - http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...N0HbRG6uMxMHIg

Comment

• Hello all -

I've been watching this thread and following all of your immigration stories for the past few weeks. You've all been a good source of information! My husband and I just began our "journey." I'm a US citizen, filing for my husband, who is in Delhi, India. (We were married in January in India.)

Here is my info thus far:
          VSC RD - 3/6/08
          VSC NOA1 - 3/11/08
          Check cashed - 3/11/08

We've decided to go the I-129F route - but that application is on a UPS truck on it's way to Vermont right now...

My husband has tried to get the PCC from Delhi, but they won't give him anything without a letter from the US Embassy. Anyone ever come across this problem before? I don't know what kind of letter we'll receive to give them...any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDC28
            Hello all -

I've been watching this thread and following all of your immigration stories for the past few weeks. You've all been a good source of information! My husband and I just began our "journey." I'm a US citizen, filing for my husband, who is in Delhi, India. (We were married in January in India.)

Here is my info thus far:
            VSC RD - 3/6/08
            VSC NOA1 - 3/11/08
            Check cashed - 3/11/08

We've decided to go the I-129F route - but that application is on a UPS truck on it's way to Vermont right now...

My husband has tried to get the PCC from Delhi, but they won't give him anything without a letter from the US Embassy. Anyone ever come across this problem before? I don't know what kind of letter we'll receive to give them...any advice would be appreciated.
            Welcome CDC28 to this thread !

Here is updated info - http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...N0FqDG8FaN1DFw

You can send a copy of I-130 filed and the instructions to get PCC. If that doesn't work out with that stupid police station, go to American Consulate Delhi and get a letter regarding PCC.

Runner83, That google account has my userid/password. I'll keep update the info.

Comment

• Thanks for the update CTK3.

Regarding your answer to PCC. There are 2 that we need to get for immigration.

PCC Cert.
              1) Passport Office
              2) City Commissioner's Office (can be painful sometimes).

My question - Can my parents apply for both these police clearance certificates now by just providing the copies of their I-130 applications? Do you know anyone who have applied for these docs. without the copy of actual letter from US?

I haven't really prepared for post approval process as of now. My parents also need to get police clearance from 2 gulf countries. I think those gulf embassies in India ask for a copy of US Letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by runner83
                Thanks for the update CTK3.

Regarding your answer to PCC. There are 2 that we need to get for immigration.

PCC Cert.
                1) Passport Office
                2) City Commissioner's Office (can be painful sometimes).

My question - Can my parents apply for both these police clearance certificates now by just providing the copies of their I-130 applications? Do you know anyone who have applied for these docs. without the copy of actual letter from US?

I haven't really prepared for post approval process as of now. My parents also need to get police clearance from 2 gulf countries. I think those gulf embassies in India ask for a copy of US Letter.
                You are right Runner83. The beneficiary needs 2 PCCs - one from Passport office and the second from local police station, if their passport issue date passed 6 months.

To get PCC from India is straightforward. Just submit a letter to both the agencies and they would provide it under a month. But sometimes, bureaucratic indian police station needs kickbacks, that's why they are asking unnecessary paperworks. So, prepare a letter showing the requirement and submit it for PCC. If they don't agree, try some "kickbacks" method. If that doesn't work out, get a letter from the nearest U.S consulate.

If the beneficiary has lived other countries for more than 6 months, please visit the following link to get more details. This is the case for India.

Comment

• hi everyone

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On March 31, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

my file has been approve
                  i am so happy

now how much time NVC takes

thanks for your help

Comment

hi everyone

On March 31, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

my file has been approve
                    i am so happy

thanks for your help
                    Congratulations!

Did your "last updated date" change at all a couple of days before or on the day the status changed? The Last Updated Date for my cases changed on the 28th & 30th but my status still hasn't changed from pending.

Comment

hi everyone

my file has been approve
                      i am so happy

thanks for your help
                      This is great news nitshrut !!! Congratulatons !!!

Entire NVC process will take around 3 months if there are no RFE. Then 1 to 2 months in the U.S consulate for the actual interview depending on the consulate.

Comment

• @cincy

1st it change on march 27 saying that my case has been Resume and than when i checked this morning its says we send u approval letter on march 31
                        i hope i answer your question

@ctk3 what is REF means

Comment

• Waiting for I130 receipt

Hi,

I filed I130 for my Mom and mailed it out on 2/26/2008. I am still waiting for the receipt. My check has not been cashed yet. Does anyone have the same experiences? I am really worrying these days. Today I called USCIS service center and they told me if they did not cash my check that means that my applications still sit in the mail room. Once my check is cashed they start to process my application.

Do I have to refile in this case?

Thanks,
                          Vanessa

Comment

• Originally posted by vanessa
                            Hi,

I filed I130 for my Mom and mailed it out on 2/26/2008. I am still waiting for the receipt. My check has not been cashed yet. Does anyone have the same experiences? I am really worrying these days. Today I called USCIS service center and they told me if they did not cash my check that means that my applications still sit in the mail room. Once my check is cashed they start to process my application.

Do I have to refile in this case?

Thanks,
                            Vanessa
                            Did you track the package or did you send it by regular mail?

Comment

• I need number to call them
                              could you please tell me

Comment

• I sent the package via priority mail and got the delivery confirmation. I checked online status, it was delivered on 2/28/2008.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X