Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting for I-130 Receipt Notice still...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Happy!

I am so excited to see this thread. I sent an I-130 for my husband in November and they received it on November 14th. I finally got my receipt notice in January. I am contemplating filing the I129F but i am not sure. I will update my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by mdcvu
      I file I-130 for my husband and I 129-F
      what is the next step?
      how long it takes for I 129-f 's approval
      it takes around 5-6 months time. Please let me know exact date USCIS received your I-129F to update the spreadsheet properly. Even I-130 approval also takes same time as I-129F.

Next step is wait. Meanwhile you can ask your husband to collect PCC (Police Clearance Certificate). If your I-130 is approved prior to I-129F approval, I-129F will be invalidated.

Comment

Originally posted by frustrated_alot
        I am so excited to see this thread. I sent an I-130 for my husband in November and they received it on November 14th. I finally got my receipt notice in January. I am contemplating filing the I129F but i am not sure. I will update my signature.
        Welcome frustrated_alot ! You should have filed I-129F too, even though both I-130 and I-129F take same time now. It's free :-)

I have added you in the spreadsheet. Please provide more details. You can expect the I-130 approval in Apr/May timeframe.
        Attached Files

Comment

I am not sure when USCIS is going to release the processing dates & times for the month of Jan. For december they released it on jan 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by CTK3
            Welcome frustrated_alot ! You should have filed I-129F too, even though both I-130 and I-129F take same time now. It's free :-)

I have added you in the spreadsheet. Please provide more details. You can expect the I-130 approval in Apr/May timeframe.
            Thank you CTK3. I think i will just do the counseler processing so that we dont' have to do AOS once he gets here. It took two years and a half years for my citizenship, i dont' want my husband to get here and have to go through any crazy problem that drags on forever. With the route we took it's fine. I thought about it and decided not to. I have added a signature with all my info. I looked at the spreadsheet, that's a wonderful thing you did, this way we can keep track and know what to expect.

I contacted USCIS yesterday and they told me that i needed to file two I-130's for my step children, is that true? I thought that they automatically can travel with my husband or maybe even a year later under my husband's visa.

Comment

Originally posted by frustrated_alot
              Thank you CTK3. I think i will just do the counseler processing so that we dont' have to do AOS once he gets here. It took two years and a half years for my citizenship, i dont' want my husband to get here and have to go through any crazy problem that drags on forever. With the route we took it's fine. I thought about it and decided not to. I have added a signature with all my info. I looked at the spreadsheet, that's a wonderful thing you did, this way we can keep track and know what to expect.

I contacted USCIS yesterday and they told me that i needed to file two I-130's for my step children, is that true? I thought that they automatically can travel with my husband or maybe even a year later under my husband's visa.
              I-130 instruction says you can include your children in the same I-130 form of your husband/wife. I am not sure about stepchildren.

Good luck to your processing !

Comment

Originally posted by runner83
                I am not sure when USCIS is going to release the processing dates & times for the month of Jan. For december they released it on jan 15th.
                It should be posted soon. My case number (I-130 receipt#) is not at all recognized in the online system. USCIS online system is not at all reliable !

Comment

None of my receipt numbers are recognized in the uscis online system. I think it will take a while to access. My receipts are from the benefit service center. Are they moving faster than local service centers?

Comment

Umaira, wait for this week too, you should get it soon. Which Service Center you filed ?

BTW, I received my I-130 receipt notice yesterday and filed I-129F today. Updated the spreadhseet.
                    First of all, Thanks to all for the kind responses they posted for my queries on this thread which are very helpful.

I also just wanted to ask if it sounds right that i still have not received any receipt/rejection notice for my I-130 filed concurrently with I-485, I-131, I-765 which were received at Chicago Lockbox on 12/13/07 and the money orders also have not been cashed to date. And the spreadsheet created by CTK3 is showing poeple who filed later than me have received the receipts. The USCIS website also posted that as of 02/15/08 all USCIS service centers and Chicago Lockbox are current for all application receipt notices. The customer service number is also not giving any option anymore to talk to any agent regarding the delayed receipt issue.

Can anyone tell what should i do!!!?

Thanks to all again for the helpful responses.

Comment

The first time I filed I had the same problem, and then four month later I had a rejection notice, but before getting the rejection notice i refiled and received everything within a month. What I'm trying to tell you is that is highly likely, not sure, that you receive a rejection notice. Normally it takes a while to get it, otherwise you would have gotten something.

Comment

It should be posted soon. My case number (I-130 receipt#) is not at all recognized in the online system. USCIS online system is not at all reliable !

The Feb processing times are posted on USCIS. It only moved forward by 11 days and are processing forms dated July 26th (In Jan it was July 15th). It is moving very slow and I am not sure if anything will happen by July/Aug for my parents petitions files in Nov 2006.

I have a feeling that we all are in for a long haul. For november cases, I think nothing will happen till July/Aug. Its already been three month now since I filed in Nov 2007.

Regarding online case tracking, It did recognize my receipt #'s and I setup alerts for my account.

Regards,
                        Gulam
                        Last edited by runner83; 02-24-2008, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Case Status Available Online today

Hi CTK3 updating to let you know that my case status is available online today. Finally.

Comment

I filed mine sept 11, 2007 - and got the receipt jan. 3 2008. So dont panic, Because i sure did

Comment

Thanks chpnac for giving a light of hope, i am still waiting...........and bit panicky too!

Comment

You will be fine! Just try to stay positive, and stay busy!
                                For some reason they are working extremely slow.
                                Oh and also they did not cash my check until the end of Jan. so dont obsess over that either!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X