Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting for I-130 Receipt Notice still...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frustrated_alot
    Has anyone from November heard anything back from the Vermont Service Center? I know it's a long shot but worth it anyway.lol
    I cannot wait to see where they are next time they post processing times.
    In California Service Center, one guy got apporval for I-130 who filed in Nov 2007. Hopefully Vermont will accelarate too !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CTK3
      In California Service Center, one guy got apporval for I-130 who filed in Nov 2007. Hopefully Vermont will accelarate too !!!
      Oh well, it doesn't appear so. Crazy because when they last updated, Vermont was ahead of California. Oh well, guess i just have to wait.

Comment

Oh well, it doesn't appear so. Crazy because when they last updated, Vermont was ahead of California. Oh well, guess i just have to wait.
        But that was 11/03/2007, also it is a rare case. Most of the people in Aug-Sep 2007 are receiving the approvals now.

Comment

• Bump.

Comment

Bump.
            frustrated_alot, did you file I-129F for your spouse ? Also, how come priority date for your I-130 if it is for your spouse ? They don't have numerical limit in visa, hence there is no priority date, correct ?

Comment

frustrated_alot, did you file I-129F for your spouse ? Also, how come priority date for your I-130 if it is for your spouse ? They don't have numerical limit in visa, hence there is no priority date, correct ?
              No, i decided not to file the I129F for my husband. Since it's moving at the same rate of the I130 anyway, my I130 would be approved before I129F anyway. Plus, i really didnt' want my husband to come her and be frustrated because of all the steps you have to take after you get here. Plus it's cheaper to just do the I130 .

My priority date is for what date USCIS is processing applications. There is no priority date on the Visa Center side. Once it is approved, it is immediately sent to National Visa Center and they immediately start processing the visa. That's how it works, i was told.

Comment

• Extra Evidence

i have filed I-130 for my husband in Aug-19 2007 and they ask me to send them extra evidence because i forgot to fill out G-325A..i send them on march 13, so please tell me how long they will take to send me approval letter. after approval letter how long it will take my husband to come here..

thanks for your help
                Last edited by nitshrut; 03-21-2008, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nitshrut
                  i have filed I-130 for my husband in Aug-19 2007 and they ask me to send them extra evidence because i forgot to fill out G-325A..i send them on march 13, so please tell me how long they will take to send me approval letter. after approval letter how long it will take my husband to come here..

thanks for your help
                  You have to be extra careul while filling immigration forms to avoid this type of RFEs. Any way, happened is happened. Typically, to clear RFE would take couple of weeks, may be 3-4 weeks around. Once that's done, immediately you'll get I-130 approval.

After I-130 approval, your case will transfer to NVC. It would take around 3 months for their processing if you don't get further RFEs. Then it will be transferred to foreign consulate. Depends on the country, it would take another 1 to 2 months for the interview. Then your husband can reach here. I would say you total 4 to 6 months time.

Comment

• My filing info....

Hi,

This is a very informative and helpful thread. Thanks everybody for keeping this up-to-date. Below is my filing information for my wife in India:

I-130:
                    Receipt Date: 8/24/07 (I-797 Receipt Notice mailed on 10/10/07)
                    Status: Case Received and Pending (California Service Center)

I-129F (K-3):
                    Receipt Date: 10/15/07 (I-797 Receipt Notice mailed on 10/17/07)

I'm very worried that other's have already received NOA2 who filed around the same time but my case is still pending. I'm waiting for the March 15th Processing Dates posting, which will hopefully give some indication of the status.

Anybody have experience with getting police clearance certificates in India? How long does it take? When should my wife obtain them?

Thanks,
                    Kumar

Comment

• Originally posted by Cincy
                      Hi,

This is a very informative and helpful thread. Thanks everybody for keeping this up-to-date. Below is my filing information for my wife in India:

I-130:
                      Receipt Date: 8/24/07 (I-797 Receipt Notice mailed on 10/10/07)

I-129F (K-3):
                      Receipt Date: 10/15/07 (I-797 Receipt Notice mailed on 10/17/07)

I'm very worried that other's have already received NOA2 who filed around the same time but my case is still pending. I'm waiting for the March 15th Processing Dates posting, which will hopefully give some indication of the status.

Anybody have experience with getting police clearance certificates in India? How long does it take? When should my wife obtain them?

Thanks,
                      Kumar
                      Hi cincy, Welcome to this thread! You info is updated in the spreadsheet.

NITSHRUT is also same like your situation. However, SHAZIZUB got his/her I-130 approval on 3/11/2008. Also, based on my knowledge, so many Sep 2007 filers in CSC are getting their NOA2 recently. So, I strongly recommend you and NITSHRUT to call (800) number on the notice and enquire about your case. You both should be approved very soon if there are no RFEs. Customer service reps may not have more info, but you need to escalate to the second level to get more info, open the ticket. Good luck again !

PCC in India would take 2 to 5 weeks depends on the location. Though, it is valid for one year, I would recommend it must be within the 6 months of the actual IR1/CR1 or K-3 interview at the consulate. Once your case is transferred to NVC after the approval, you can ask your wife to get it from local police station and passport office.

Also, don't forget to get last 3 years IRS transcripts as part of NVC processing, which would take couple of weeks to get.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Waiting for I-130 Receipt Notice Still...

Originally posted by CTK3
                        Hi cincy, Welcome to this thread! You info is updated in the spreadsheet.

NITSHRUT is also same like your situation. However, SHAZIZUB got his/her I-130 approval on 3/11/2008. Also, based on my knowledge, so many Sep 2007 filers in CSC are getting their NOA2 recently. So, I strongly recommend you and NITSHRUT to call (800) number on the notice and enquire about your case. You both should be approved very soon if there are no RFEs. Customer service reps may not have more info, but you need to escalate to the second level to get more info, open the ticket. Good luck again !

PCC in India would take 2 to 5 weeks depends on the location. Though, it is valid for one year, I would recommend it must be within the 6 months of the actual IR1/CR1 or K-3 interview at the consulate. Once your case is transferred to NVC after the approval, you can ask your wife to get it from local police station and passport office.

Also, don't forget to get last 3 years IRS transcripts as part of NVC processing, which would take couple of weeks to get.
                        Thanks, CTK3. How do I escalate to the second level and get more info? I called customer service last week and they said that until the processing dates are 30 days beyond the receipt date, they cannot look into the case to give more details on the status. Is there another way to find out? Please let me know.

-Kumar

Comment

• Originally posted by Cincy
                          Thanks, CTK3. How do I escalate to the second level and get more info? I called customer service last week and they said that until the processing dates are 30 days beyond the receipt date, they cannot look into the case to give more details on the status. Is there another way to find out? Please let me know.

-Kumar
                          Wait for Mar 15th update, which can happen in couple of days time. Then tell them to open the ticket based on the processing date beyond 30 days of the receipt date. I think you should get the approval soon, sometimes it depends on which officer is handling your case. Some are faster than others. Good luck again and hope to hear your good news soon here !

Comment

• Hi

my brother have the same problem, he filed on aug 6 2007 and than received notice for to send the extra evidence on Feb 20, they recevied evidence on mar 5, after that nothing, he hasn't still received anything...

i still haven't received approval letter.

any suggestion what should i do..or just wait for them...please let me know
                            its been 8 month i have filed..how much longer will i have to wait..

why they are taking so much time ?

Comment

• Originally posted by nitshrut
                              Hi

my brother have the same problem, he filed on aug 6 2007 and than received notice for to send the extra evidence on Feb 20, they recevied evidence on mar 5, after that nothing, he hasn't still received anything...

i still haven't received approval letter.

any suggestion what should i do..or just wait for them...please let me know
                              its been 8 month i have filed..how much longer will i have to wait..

why they are taking so much time ?
                              If it is RFE, it would take around 4 weeks to clear. By the end of this month, you'll hear something.

Comment

If it is RFE, it would take around 4 weeks to clear. By the end of this month, you'll hear something.
                                The spreadsheet is online now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X