Help! Green Card for My Mom, How to apply in different locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Green Card for My Mom, How to apply in different locations

This is a bit long, but all questions are similar... Thanks in advance.

My brother is a U.S Citizen and he is now sponsoring my mother for her green card. He lives in Houston TX, but my mother is living with me in New Jersey now. She entered U.S. at the port of New York in Feburary and has lived in my home here in New Jersey since then and plans to continue staying here.

My brother has called USCIS via the 1-800 number and asked them if he can file my mother's application from TX, and have my mother's application process done here in New Jersey, such as finger printing, medical exams, interviews, etc., so that she does not have to travel back and forth to TX.

The USCIS, as usual, could not answer that question clearly and we are more confused after the call.

Could you tell us that we can do this? If so, we have many questions regarding how to filling in the application forms. Here are a few:

1. on I-130, Part C, Information about your relative, should my mom's address be my address, or my brother's address, or her address in China?
    2. on I-130, Part C, Information about your relative (continued), line 18, Address in the U.S where your relative intends to live, should it be my address, or my brother's address? (On the web some people say it is better to be my brother's, or the USCIS will become suspicious;
    3. on I-130, Part C, Information about your relative (continued), line 22, Which USCIS office to apply, should it be Phildelphia, PA or Houston TX. Of course we would like to be in Phildelphia, PA, but will it be conflicting if we filling (1) and (2) with my brother's address?
    4. on G-325A, Applicant's residence last five years, list present address first, should this be my address, or my brother's address, or my mom's address in China?
    5. on I-485, Part I, should my mom's address be my address, or my brother's address, or her address in China?

Appreciated if any of you can give advices on these questions.

He can apply from Texas and provide the right address for your mom in NJ so that fingerprinting etc will go to that address.

The addresses to choose for the questions are obvious. If you are worried, hire a lawyer for professional help.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you, but immihelp.com suggests be careful with different address

On the following link for I-130 on immihelp.com, line 18 Part C, it says sponsor's address should preferably be the same address as your relative's address, otherwise USCIS may get suspicious.

Comment

You should have also read this?

If you have a compelling reason to put different address, attach detailed explanation with the application or consult an immigration attorney.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X