Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b filing GC (Family based)

Hi Gurus,

I am ready to file for my GC and have few questions before I submit the docs
    1) I-864 Affidavit of Support - My wife is USC and a student with no income, as I am on H1b can I sponsor myself? if yes...what is the procedure? because the first question in 864 says "I,_____ a) I am the petitioner...which options should be selected"? Is this mandatory form?

2) I am sending to Chicago lockbox I-130/864, G-325 for both of us, I-485,I-131,I-765 and I-693 with supporting documents...Can someone confirm? Can Medical (I-693) be done after I file everything (or) it must go along with other forms?

3) If I am filing the above forms, How much is the fees (Total) and can I send single check to Dept on top of all the forms?

Thanks in advance, God Bless!
    Last edited by needhelp555; 04-25-2008, 11:23 AM.

Can someone please answer above questions...Thanks!

Comment

1) your wife is still your sponsor, you can add your own income though. read the instructions, and yes it IS a mandatory form.

2) send everything to the chicago lockbox, including the medical i-693 exam!

3) send 2 checks, one for $355 (i-130) and one for $1,010 (i-485) to the US Department of Homeland Security.
      Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X