Personal Affidavit in Lieu of Parents marriage Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Affidavit in Lieu of Parents marriage Certificate

My parents do not have their marriage certificate, I am filing thier I-130. I am trying to get "Non Availability" certificate from the local registrar office stating that their marriage certificate is non available. My question is:

My fathers last name is ZZZ, first name is 123 and my mothers MAIDEN name is YYY and first name is ABC.

Should the non availability certificate say something like
    " We did not find marriage records of "ZZZ 123" and "YYY ABC" for the year blah blah balah...." OR should it say
    " We did not find marriage records of "ZZZ 123" and "ZZZ ABC" for the year blah blah balah...."

Should the certificate use my mother's maiden name or married last name (i.e my dad's last name) ??

Similarly what should the personal affidavits use maiden or dad's last name?? Also can anyone please tell me where to find a sample of Personal affidavit in lieu of Marriage certificate?? All responses are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

What you're trying to get ...

... is good.

If you're not submitting a birth certificate, then you do need an affidavit, a "personal certificate" may not be considered good enough for the cause.

Did you know that a notary public can also give you such an affidavit at a very low reasonable fee as controlled by the state where he/she works.

Now, you may though try to use a "certificate" that you've mentioned and get the signatures notarized, but personally I don't think that's quite "acceptable".

Good luck.

Comment

I am trying to get a "Non Availability" certificate from the local government officials saying that my parents' marriage has not been recorded. Then I am trying to get Notarized personal affidavits from my parents respective siblings that they know and recognize my parents as a happily married couple for so many years. My question is how should my mom's last name appear on these certificates & affidavits? Should it be her maiden name or her current last name? I hope I am clear.

Comment

Usually for the affidavit ...

... yoru attorney should know exactly what needs to be mentioned.

However, here goes, the affidavit is submitted by [Your Mother's Current Full Name - Married], stating that she with her maiden name being [....] submits that ...... then you state the matter.

In other words, the affidavit is made by your mother with her current last name and within the document you mention her maiden name being ....

Hope this helps.

However, once again, your attorney or notary should and will know what exactly to write.

Good luck.

Comment

Guys

My parents do not have a marriage certificate.
          1. Can each of my parents create an affidavit?
          2. Do you have a sample of such affidavit?

Thanks

Comment

Do we need to submit affidavit for both dad and mom separately or just one single affidavit is sufficient? I am also looking for the sample marriage affidavit form for my mom and dad. can anyone help?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X