Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel (I-751)???

Hello,

My conditional resident status expired in Jan, 2009. I submitted my application to remove conditional residential status (I-751) in November, 2008 and did the fingerprint in December 2008. Now I'm just waiting for the approval.

I can see that it might take up to a year before it can be processed and approved (hopefully sooner). The problem is my husband and I are planning on traveling to Asia in April for 3 weeks and I'm concerned about my status. I did receive a letter (notice of action) in November, 2008 as a receipt of my application and also stating that my conditional resident status is extended for a period of one year and during the one-year I'm authorized employment and travel. So, my questions is that, since my green card's expiration date is Jan, 2009, should I present this letter when returning to the US? or is there anything else I need to do/obtain? Has anyone done this before? Plz help!!! Thanks.

Yankee,

Travelling while I-751 is pending is pefectly fine, provided you have the NOA. Just to be doubly sure, carry the notice of action as well as your finger print notice while you are travelling. I have travelled out of country while I-751 was pending and so have so many people in this forum. If you are still skeptical , you can go ahead and book a info pass appointment from the USCIS website (lower right side on the home page) and then get a I-551 stamp on your passport. This is a no hasstle process .

Amat

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X