X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Feb2003;308907]
    Originally posted by puddy View Post

Hi Puddy

On the letter of instruction we received it says if we are not eligible to use DS261 (which is the online form) then we should fill out the physical form and mail to the address given. That is what I did. I do not know if they will accept the scanned version from our location.

Best regards

I used the DS261 (online form) and paid the $88 online.

Comment

• Imran have u got ur COA?

Comment

• Coa

Originally posted by tabby View Post
        Imran have u got ur COA?
        Thanks Tabby
        Today my petitioner in US has received the CAO letter. in the same envelop they r asking 88$ fees for processing and ADoS. Advice further action please

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran0448 View Post
          Thanks Tabby
          Today my petitioner in US has received the CAO letter. in the same envelop they r asking 88$ fees for processing and ADoS. Advice further action please
          Congratulations imran, and thanks for sharing this informations.

I called nvc today but they do not have any update, however i confirmed my email address. I hope, I will also get something very soon. My pd is aug 2003

Imran123

Comment

• Thanks for the details.

Originally posted by Kamran Khan View Post
            Ok if already sent by mail, emailing might create confusion. (so dont email now)
            Please choose COA your petitioner in US because mailing system of Pakistan is hopeless.
            Step by Step what I did
            1. COA by email in late jan 2013
            2. I download ds 3032, filled, print, signed, attached and emailed in jan 2013
            3. after 15 days accepted petitioner as choice of agent and at the same time a password given to login on online fee payment portal. now petitioner can pay online fee which is 88 dollar for AOS and 230 dollar/ person for DS 230 which we paid on 31st jan and 23rd feb 2013 respectively
            4. after fee payment accepted and showed as paid. petitioner can send AOS only by mail (only petitioner which is COA can send AOS form USA) and DS 230 either petitioner can received from you and send it by mail or you can send it directly to NVC ( which I did) because you have to sign and add civil documents and they dont bother DS 230 from where it is coming from (either by agent or beneficiary).
            5. I got RFE to correct the I-864 form which my father did and accepted. My DS 230 accepted without any mistake
            6. Got email that my case is completed from director of NVC
            It took almost 6 months in whole process ( It depends how fast you send AOS and DS 230 and also you get RFE or not)
            But I am OK because if some one completed case too early the documents like police certificate and tax papers expire and on the other hand if some one is too slow in sending the papers and the pd become current the case will be dalayed
            regards and sorry for grammar mistakes
            Kamran

Comment

• COA received

Received the first mail from NVC for Choice of Address and Agent selection and AOS fees. AOS fees $88 paid. will send COA tomorrow morning by e-mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by clearvision View Post
                Received the first mail from NVC for Choice of Address and Agent selection and AOS fees. AOS fees $88 paid. will send COA tomorrow morning by e-mail.
                Glad that you received your COA. Quite a lot going on in this forum, which is excellent!!!

Comment

• COA was sent to my petioner

Originally posted by pike View Post
                  Glad that you received your COA. Quite a lot going on in this forum, which is excellent!!!
                  Hello, our PD May 05, 2003, hfsitumo2001, COA was sent to our petitioner, my father in laws in Mentone California.. This morning my sister in laws talked with us on skype regarding this letter. One thing I want to ask all of you friends. . My wife name on the Certificate of Birth is Ellyana Porman Tampubolon, while her name put in the petition by my father in laws is Ellyana Porman Situmorang, Situmorang is my family name. Will it create problem at the time of interview in Jakarta, Indonesia?. What should I do to solve if it will be a problem.

Thanks for any ideas.

Frank Situmorang,

Comment

• Originally posted by hfsitumo2001 View Post
                    Hello, our PD May 05, 2003, hfsitumo2001, COA was sent to our petitioner, my father in laws in Mentone California.. This morning my sister in laws talked with us on skype regarding this letter. One thing I want to ask all of you friends. . My wife name on the Certificate of Birth is Ellyana Porman Tampubolon, while her name put in the petition by my father in laws is Ellyana Porman Situmorang, Situmorang is my family name. Will it create problem at the time of interview in Jakarta, Indonesia?. What should I do to solve if it will be a problem.

Thanks for any ideas.

Frank Situmorang,
                    no problem
                    "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
                    dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
                    S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
                    Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
                    diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
                    Puddy = April 2003
                    hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
                    Imran123 = Aug 2003
                    butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
                    krish_84 = Nov 2004 / zaga14 = Nov 8, 2004

Comment

Thanks for any ideas.

Frank Situmorang,
                      You're fine. Every female that's married (& is being petitioned/petitioning) has their birth certificate name different from their married name (unless they married a brother or male cousin).
                      F3
                      My priority date - June 7, 2002

F3 Watch List for active members

Feb2003/Clearvision = February 2003 - GOOD LUCK!
                      diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
                      Puddy = April 2003
                      hfsitumo2001 = May 05, 2003
                      butter = November 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
                      krish_84 = November 2004
                      zaga14 = = November 8, 2004

Comment

• Ur pd is 22 or 5 may?mine is 19th so im confused when I'll get COA

Comment

• Affidavit of Support

Now that we have paid the $88 processing fee for Affidavit of Support(AOS), should we go ahead and submit the AOS itself as well? or wait for NVC to ask for it?

Comment

Thanks for any ideas.

Frank Situmorang,
                            It will be corrected when you send photo copy of her valid passport at the time of DS 230 or if you want it before DS 230 you could email with a request to correct it with a scan copy of her passport biographic page. NVC goes by first name, middle and last name so if her name on passport is like first (Ellyana), middle (Porman Tampubolon) and last (Situmorang) then she will have no problem other wise another way is to show she is using two names and send a affidavit for that.(name change after marriage)
                            The best is to have same name on the birth certificate and passport, then she will have no problem they will just ignore Situmorang when she send copy of passport.
                            Note: they will accept a space between middle name if the name has four parts.
                            If you want further explanation please write her name of Birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate then we can tell you where is the problem. Many people make mistakes on name while applying I 130 even NVC makes mistakes on names while writing invoice for fee payment. These all mistakes will be corrected when they receive photocopy of passport..

Regard
                            Kamran
                            Last edited by Kamran Khan; 08-20-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sasif View Post
                              Now that we have paid the $88 processing fee for Affidavit of Support(AOS), should we go ahead and submit the AOS itself as well? or wait for NVC to ask for it?
                              If you pay online then payment portal shows after few days as "Paid" after that you can send AOS
                              Few People also pay for DS 230 and then send both AOS and DS 230 together

i have no idea if you used any other mode of payments

Kamran

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamran Khan View Post
                                If you pay online then payment portal shows after few days as "Paid" after that you can send AOS
                                Few People also pay for DS 230 and then send both AOS and DS 230 together

i have no idea if you used any other mode of payments

Kamran
                                It was online. Does it make any difference if we choose to send with DS-230? Also, does AOS expire after a certain time period?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X