All F3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Lounge,
    You only need to follow VB movement to guesstimate the amount of time left for your PD to become current. It is close to impossible to estimate VB movement due to unavailable data on different visa categories and number of people inline ahead of you. However receiving DS 3032 form is a great sign which means that NVC has your case in their line of sight and have started to work on your case. This normally happens about 6 months prior to your PD to become current. I hope I was able to give you what little information we all had gathered here by sharing our experiences with immigration process.
    MT

Comment

• Originally posted by butter View Post
      I am new to this. Could someone explain the 245 (i) and how does it affect F3's ? Thanks.
      Hi,
      Please go through this thread and you will find some information on 245i provision. I have not seen any posts by you lately. Please feel free to participate even if it is only saying “Hi”.
      MT

Comment

• I will research some more. I am still here; more than you realize. I vist the forum at least twice per day, reading and educating myself at the same time. Our daughter is due to go off to university in the USA in a few months as well. We were hoping it would have come thru by now but it didnt and we can't keep her back.
        Thanks for all the info you have provided to everyone.

Comment

• Maybe dsz can get some advice from butter about their children going off to university in the USA. It's nice when we can help each other with a little advise. I remember when I first joined this forum the only person I came across that was in the same situation as me was Maruxa..I was so happy!!!! Ofcourse I now know MT who has also been great with sharing knowledge,immigration experiences and oh yea "guesstimations" Good luck Guys!!!

Comment

• Education

When are you sending your dayghter? and on what visa? How about her green card? How old isShe? Mine is 16. and according to my calculation we will get visa when she is going to be 18.

give me information please.

Comment

• We will be sending her in August. She is doing her last year of A-Levels.
              We will apply for an F1 student visa - She is applying as an International Student. Have already paid application fee to university and sent initial info.
              They awaiting transcipts and other documents from us. We will send those by the end of next week ( we are waiting on local school to notarize certificates etc ).

She is 18 and education is continous. Green card or no green card she has to go. The green card will help with being able to qualify for grants, loans and scholarships ( some universities do give scholarships and aid to Intl students) and, work off off campus etc.

Green card seems to 2-3 years away. PD is Nov 03. We all ( entire family ) do have 10 year visas so we visit the US often. When she goes for F1 visa they will cancel her visitors and give her a five (5) year student's visa.

Good luck ! I will keep you informed.

Comment

• i wanted to know whether student visa affect green card petition

if she is in USA.

Comment

• Sorry, but didnt see that part of your question. We are not in USA. The immigrant visa petition is in my name and it doesn't affect her application for a student visa.

Sorry I couldnt help further but I am not sure how it would be if she was presently living in the U.S.

I have heard of a case like that but the young man is now 21 and he could not get into collge. His, is a sad story though as he could not work either. Parents are hoping for amnesty since they themselves do not have GC and young man became depressive. Such a pity.

Your daughter should be fine as the two years will go by.

Comment

• Thanks Butter.

you are helpful.

Comment

• Bad News

March VB is out and there has been no movement. It's kinda hard to say well atleast they did not move backward!!!!! I am so dissappointed ,I was hoping and praying. Oh well just have to wait for April VB now

Comment

• Comment

• No movement

It was on the cards. But I think June , July,August and september vb will be great.

Comment

• statistics

I've made analysis of VB date movement

year 2007 PD moved 480 days 1st january 1999 to 1 April 2000
                            year 2008 PD moved 112 days 1 April 2000 to 22 July 2000
                            year 2009 PD moved 304 days 22 July 2000 to 22 May 2001

In last 8 years , it has moved about 5 years. you can count appro. time for your pD becoming current.

Waiting for +ve result for April 10

Comment

• Hello all,
                              Let’s start predicting April 2010 VB. My guess would be June 8th 2001.

Comment

• Predictions

Mt2644! You are right . I also think so. Little movements for April and May bulletins. Then again for June , July, August and september big movements.
                                This has been the trend for last couple of years.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X