All F3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tabby View Post
    Feb2003 clearvision diva sasif pike puddy hfsituno2001???Any one of u done with ds3032 n ahead of that?
    Tabby,

I am living in Jakarta, and my petitioner/ Father in laws sent the COA (ds3032) yesterday to NVC, I think we just follow what Kamran said, They will send us the password in order to pay on line the US$ 88..

If we got the green card later on, can we claim immediately my unmarried daughter whose age is already 33 years now?. Should we pay the lawyer on how to claim her?

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamran Khan View Post
      It will be corrected when you send photo copy of her valid passport at the time of DS 230 or if you want it before DS 230 you could email with a request to correct it with a scan copy of her passport biographic page. NVC goes by first name, middle and last name so if her name on passport is like first (Ellyana), middle (Porman Tampubolon) and last (Situmorang) then she will have no problem other wise another way is to show she is using two names and send a affidavit for that.(name change after marriage)
      The best is to have same name on the birth certificate and passport, then she will have no problem they will just ignore Situmorang when she send copy of passport.
      Note: they will accept a space between middle name if the name has four parts.
      If you want further explanation please write her name of Birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate then we can tell you where is the problem. Many people make mistakes on name while applying I 130 even NVC makes mistakes on names while writing invoice for fee payment. These all mistakes will be corrected when they receive photocopy of passport..

Regard
      Kamran
      Thanks very much Kamran, I will try to make my wife's name on birth certificate the same with the name of her passport, I think this is the best way.

Frank

Comment

• Merit based track 2

Hi everyone on this thread

My priority date is 24 March 2006.

I am bit confused about merit based track 2.

Can someone explain whats gonna happen and how my case will be dealt.

Thanks and regards,

Comment

• Originally posted by khurramhims View Post
          Hi everyone on this thread

My priority date is 24 March 2006.

I am bit confused about merit based track 2.

Can someone explain whats gonna happen and how my case will be dealt.

Thanks and regards,
          Its not law yet and still in house. It will take end of this year and become law if passed in house

Track two merit-based system

How will the track two system clear the backlog of pending visas?

The current immigrant visa system has created enormous backlogs of applicants, who sometimes have to wait decades to get an immigrant visa. This track will clear the backlog of applicants by allocating visas to applicants with pending applications over the course of 7 years starting in 2015, allowing these immigrants to qualify for Lawful Permanent Residency by 2021.

Who can obtain Lawful Permanent Resident status under this track?

Starting October 1, 2014, family- or employment-based applicants whose applications have been pending five years or more under the current system will become eligible for a visa. The Secretary of DHS is authorized to devise a process for distributing these visas over a seven-year period. In addition, the track two merit-based system makes visas available to RPIs who have maintained that status for at least 10 years.

Why is the track two system considered a “merit-based” system for visa allocation?

It is critical to the authors of the bill that the visa backlog be eliminated and that those who followed the rules receive legal status before RPIs can qualify for green cards. This section essentially ties those programs together, authorizing DHS to do what it takes to eliminate the backlogs within seven years. In the meantime, RPIs must earn their green cards through employment, learning English, paying taxes, and other contributions to the country.
          Family-based immigration

What are the main changes to the family-based immigration system?

Petitions for spouses and children of Lawful Permanent Residents under the current family-based system will be considered immediate relatives, making them exempt from current visa caps and immediately eligible for green cards. There will no longer be an immigrant category for siblings of U.S. citizens, and visas will no longer be available to married sons or daughters of U.S. citizens who are over 30 years of age. These relatives would have to apply under the new point system or find another avenue in order to immigrate. The annual worldwide level of family-based immigrant visas will remain at 480,000 per year, minus the visas assigned to immediate relatives the previous year, but not less than 161,000 per year starting 18 months after enactment.

How does S. 744 address existing problems in the family-based immigration system?

S. 744 makes significant improvements to the family-sponsored immigration system, but does not address all criticisms. Notable improvements include eliminating the current backlogs in the system by 2021, recapturing unused visas from previous years, allowing parents of U.S. citizens to bring their minor children at the time they immigrate, and allowing for immediate reunification for spouses and minor children of Lawful Permanent Residents. On the other hand, the bill eliminates the categories for siblings and adult married children of U.S. citizens if they are over 30. The bill also does not specifically allow U.S. citizens or LPRs to petition for green cards for their same-sex spouses. However, since the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was struck down by the Supreme Court in the case of United States v. Windsor on June 26, 2013, same-sex couples have been eligible for immigration benefits for the first time without any change to current immigration law.

Comment

• Hi Kamran

Thanks for prompt response.

What I have understood from the text that cases pending over 5 years will become eligible for visa and they will try to clear the backlog ASAP. There will be no effect on your case under track 2. It is just to expedite the process.

Thanks and regards

Comment

Feb2003 clearvision diva sasif pike puddy hfsituno2001???Any one of u done with ds3032 n ahead of that?
              Nope. Waiting to hear back from NVC after COA.

Comment

• Howmany days past already? I heard usually they reply back after 7-10 business day after they received ds3032

Comment

• Do we have to send ds230 part 1 and part 2 together ?

Comment

Do we have to send ds230 part 1 and part 2 together ?
                    yes Part I and II together. you will find written "do not write below this line", just leave all area below that-blank
                    At the time of interview CO will take your sign on part II

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by tabby View Post
                    Howmany days past already? I heard usually they reply back after 7-10 business day after they received ds3032
                    20 business days average in all correspondence

Comment

FedEx delivered ds3032 Friday, August 16 at 9:40 am and AOS fee was paid on Thursday August 15 online. When I checked the system a short while ago it still says AOS payment in process. No mention of ds3032. Still waiting for NVC to update status.

BTW congrats to you tabby. Told you that you were next.

Best regards

Comment

The petitioner is getting up the documents that goes along with the AOS. Will send this online. I opt in for the email electronic processing program.

Comment

• Thnkx feb2003but havent received yet in physical or in email but they said they have dispatch somedays ago n u'll receive email in 2-3 days? So just worried when I'll

Comment

Not yet,Mom paid the money on Monday sent the COA both ways print,sign ,scan and sent in an email as an attachment and then sent the printed form by mail ,still checking to see if they received it any development i'll let you all know . By the way my location is Jamaica.

Comment

• Originally posted by puddy View Post
                              Not yet,Mom paid the money on Monday sent the COA both ways print,sign ,scan and sent in an email as an attachment and then sent the printed form by mail ,still checking to see if they received it any development i'll let you all know . By the way my location is Jamaica.
                              Just printed the payment receipt with a payment status saying PAID but below i am seeing where they are showing that i need to pay for IV and it shows my husband and son their names and year of birth whats next do i have to pay those before i get the 230 forms???

Comment

• Originally posted by puddy View Post
                                Just printed the payment receipt with a payment status saying PAID but below i am seeing where they are showing that i need to pay for IV and it shows my husband and son their names and year of birth whats next do i have to pay those before i get the 230 forms???
                                next step is to pay for IV and when it shows paid then send the ds230 for your husband and son. forms are already present to download at anytime on the net, I have given the link in my previous posts

regards
                                Kamran

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X