No announcement yet.

All F3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For cspa u must need approval notice..if u dont have get ASAP..or ur case will be delay ..

Comment

• Originally posted by tabby View Post
      If u dont Have anything then apply for duplicate i797 approval notice..
      Tabby, where shall we ask for duplication of i797. Can we just email requesting our i797?, I do not know where my father in law put it, probably because he is too old, he forget where he kept the notification. But I remember when I opened the said Website, it was approved on Jun 22, 2009.

Frank

Comment

• Contact uscis for that ..!just google ur how to get duplicate i797 notice from uscis..! U'll find answer

Comment

• Originally posted by hfsitumo2001 View Post
          Tabby, where shall we ask for duplication of i797. Can we just email requesting our i797?, I do not know where my father in law put it, probably because he is too old, he forget where he kept the notification. But I remember when I opened the said Website, it was approved on Jun 22, 2009.

Frank
          hfsitumo2001,

The last time I researched this they were charging alot of money to get a duplicate. Please let me know if you find a cheaper method. But do you actually have to present the notice in the CSPA letter, or can you just say approval date is...... I understand the lawyer needing proof, but for persons who are not using a lawyer. I did the all forms for my brothers who are unmarried when they were getting their green card, and I do forms for persons applying for B1/B2 visas so I figure I can do these without a lawyer. Hoping for the best. I would try emailing them, and simply ask them for the date first, and if they don't give you, then apply for the duplication. Keep me updated. Thanks.

Comment

• Social Security Number

Hi Everyone.

Just to say that we finally entered the US (JFK) on Saturday and were processed as perm residents. It didnt take long...about 40 minutes or so. Immigration officer opened the sealed envelopes and put all the documents together then we were sent to a separate room where we signed and were finger-printed, and then sent on our way.

One question I have for anyone who already is in the US - what about a Social Security Number? Do we have to apply for this manually or will this be done for us as part of the entry process?

I need to open bank accounts etc.. What to do?

Thanks in advance and good luck those waiting.

Regards
            Tyron

Comment

• Originally posted by taz70 View Post
              Hi Everyone.

Just to say that we finally entered the US (JFK) on Saturday and were processed as perm residents. It didnt take long...about 40 minutes or so. Immigration officer opened the sealed envelopes and put all the documents together then we were sent to a separate room where we signed and were finger-printed, and then sent on our way.

One question I have for anyone who already is in the US - what about a Social Security Number? Do we have to apply for this manually or will this be done for us as part of the entry process?

Regards
              Tyron

Find nearest SSN office near your home, and go there. You have to manually apply, but I think u have to wait for your green card. Goto the SsN website all requirement are there.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Imran123 View Post
              Find nearest SSN office near your home, and go there. You have to manually apply, but I think u have to wait for your green card. Goto the SsN website all requirement are there.

For bank account you need an ID, or I believe you can also take utility bills on your name that shows ur address, but you do not have it right, let's walk out from ur home and talk any bank near your home, now u r in USA. Every one is very helpful, just goout and have fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by taz70 View Post
                Hi Everyone.

Regards
                Tyron
                Go in and apply for your SSN. In some places in NY (if that's where you live) they restrict where persons can apply based on location.

Originally posted by aaydrian View Post
                Received mail stating that we had 'Fees in Suspense'. This at the time meant immigration wanted us to wait until they sorted out their system (to pay the immigrant fee-$165) for them to tell us the status of our GC and what we needed to do. So while waiting we decided to get our social security number.

SSN
                -you need to submit/bring an official document that shows your age (we brought our birth certificate)
                -you need to submit/bring an official document that shows your citizenship (we used our passport)
                -you need to submit/bring an official document that shows your identity (we used our passport)
                -you need to submit/bring/show document(s) that show you are authorized to work. The stamp (I-551) you get at the airport/border in your passport proves this; it is also your temporary GC that is only valid for 1 year.
                -you can only apply for a SSN in the district/county in which you live/want your mail sent. THIS MIGHT BE STATE SPECIFIC INFO SO KEEP THIS IN MIND JUST IN CASE.
                -SSN arrived in the mail 4 days later

GC
                -we were told 'Fees in Suspense'
                -received another mail stating that we needed to pay the immigrant fee AND mail the Texas Service Centre a copy of the mail USCIS sent us requesting payment, and a copy of the payment receipt
                -paid immigrant fee online AND mailed off what was requested; my father's and mine's documents were sent individually/in different envelopes.
                -received GC in the mail about 10 days later in a 'Priority Mail' envelope.

Our GC and SSN were sent to 2 different address.
                I made a copy of my GC and placed that copy in my purse. Reason for this is that you are instructed to carry your GC with you everywhere so you can verify your status if needs be. But I'm not walking around with the original because to replace a GC is $400 so I made a copy on our HOME copier and put our GC in a safe.
                Every bank is different. For common banks like TD & Bank of America SSN, passport and GC is good enough. Other banks like HSBC needs proof of address (bills & or state ID/drivers license) along with the other stuff I listed.
                F3
                My priority date - June 7, 2002

F3 Watch List for active members

Feb2003/Clearvision = February 2003 - GOOD LUCK!
                diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
                Puddy = April 2003
                hfsitumo2001 = May 05, 2003
                butter = November 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
                krish_84 = November 2004
                zaga14 = = November 8, 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by butter View Post
                  hfsitumo2001,

The last time I researched this they were charging alot of money to get a duplicate. Please let me know if you find a cheaper method. But do you actually have to present the notice in the CSPA letter, or can you just say approval date is...... I understand the lawyer needing proof, but for persons who are not using a lawyer. I did the all forms for my brothers who are unmarried when they were getting their green card, and I do forms for persons applying for B1/B2 visas so I figure I can do these without a lawyer. Hoping for the best. I would try emailing them, and simply ask them for the date first, and if they don't give you, then apply for the duplication. Keep me updated. Thanks.
                  Hi Butter,

Fortunately, I go the print out of USCS website that saying our petition have been approved on Jun 22, 2009. And I already told my brother in law that he does not need to use lawyer. I have appointed hin in COA as our agent.

Thanks for yoru information.

Frank

Comment

• What is the validity of PCC issued by Passport Seva Kendra, India?

-Applied for PCC on 18th Sept 2012
                    -Appeared at Passport Seva Kendra on 19th Sept 2013.
                    -Police Verification completed on 20th Sept 2013.
                    -Got Message/SMS from PSK on 20th evening "PCC is ready to be collected from PSK where you applied".
                    -Collected PCC from PSK on 23rd Sept 2013.

Question is "What is the validity of PCC issued by Passport Seva Kendra, India?"

Comment

• Wow ur is so fast.. N validity is one year since date of issue i have applied for PCC since last 24 days but havent received it yet..!done with police inquiry but havent got msg yet as ready..! N does they change status on their website too? Like in track ur applications?
                      Last edited by tabby; 09-24-2013, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• I have submitted ds260 already but waiting for PCC to send my all document to Nvc ..

Comment

Wow ur is so fast.. N validity is one year since date of issue i have applied for PCC since last 24 days but havent received it yet..!done with police inquiry but havent got msg yet as ready..! N does they change status on their website too? Like in track ur applications?
                          There is something wrong. You should go to the passport office and get it checked. I received mine on the same day :P (Contacts with ACP) and then received the message after 3days that it was ready lol But it usually takes 3-4 days and 24 days is unusually wrong afaik . Which city you in?

Comment

• Originally posted by hfsitumo2001 View Post
                            Hi Butter,

Fortunately, I go the print out of USCS website that saying our petition have been approved on Jun 22, 2009. And I already told my brother in law that he does not need to use lawyer. I have appointed hin in COA as our agent.

Thanks for yoru information.

Frank
                            Frank,

Thanks.I tried that route, but mine says "Post Decision Activity" and it tells me the "date USCIS received the case from the state department", and then it says "for approved petitions post decision may include forwarding to NVC". Been that way for years.I have the date that my mother gave me verbally ( she cant find the notice). I may have to pay the $420.00 USD and get a duplicate. Hoping I dont have to.

Comment

Wow ur is so fast.. N validity is one year since date of issue i have applied for PCC since last 24 days but havent received it yet..!done with police inquiry but havent got msg yet as ready..! N does they change status on their website too? Like in track ur applications?
                              When the pcc is ready to be collected, you will get sms from psk.
                              you can always ask at SP office of your district wheather they had send the documents related to you PCC to RPO or not?
                              if not you can request them, i am sure they will help u.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaydrian View Post
                                Go in and apply for your SSN. In some places in NY (if that's where you live) they restrict where persons can apply based on location.

Every bank is different. For common banks like TD & Bank of America SSN, passport and GC is good enough. Other banks like HSBC needs proof of address (bills & or state ID/drivers license) along with the other stuff I listed.

Thanks for the replies Imran123 and aaydrian, much appreciated.
                                Regards
                                Tyron

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X