X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tabby View Post
    Almost done with my case at Nvc..they approved eveything ..pd may 19 03
    Good
    Did NVC has inform u about the approval? how long it has taken after submission of documents? did u fill DS-260 and forward civil documents by mail.

Comment

• Yeah.. It took27 days..n yes i submitted ds260first then i sent documents..

Comment

Yeah.. It took27 days..n yes i submitted ds260first then i sent documents..
        Thanks. I have also submitted the documents and my pd is 4rth apr 2003.
        Last edited by Imran0448; 11-12-2013, 03:29 AM.

Comment

• U'llbe current next month i guess..and guys anyone have got interview schedule ?

Comment

• Hi New Member F3 from INDIA PD Sept. 04, 2003.

Originally posted by tabby View Post
            U'llbe current next month i guess..and guys anyone have got interview schedule ?
            Hello Guys : My PD is Sept. 04, 2003. The last update I have received is that my case is at NVC. Any Idea how soon I will get choice of agent paper work? or how soon my process would start? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by sept042003 View Post
              Hello Guys : My PD is Sept. 04, 2003. The last update I have received is that my case is at NVC. Any Idea how soon I will get choice of agent paper work? or how soon my process would start? Thanks

My pd is 13 aug 2003, i have not received anything yet, but David who's PD is 30 july 2003 got everything, I think we should get choice of agent withing 1 month or 2 or very soon.
              Thanks for posting your comments at least someone is there beside me who is inline after David.

imran

Comment

• Dire Situation

Hi guys,

I just joined the forum, currently live in the UK and need some advice.

My wife is the main beneficiary of a petition filed by her mum who is a US National. Her PD is 19/09/2003. Owing to a security risk in our home country, I relocated my family (wife and 3 children) to the UK as my dependants on my student visa while i studied for a Masters, with hope that by the time I finished my programme, our PD would be current.

Problem is, I was a post grad student but got arrested for allegedly working more than 20hrs during term time, during my dissertation. Obviously, I had no idea that the dissertation period which is the second year of the MBA is counted as term time but was lucky as I was not detained nor charged to court. Our passports were however taken and while awaiting a decision, sought humanitarian protection here in the UK. This is still being reviewed and we have told the Home Office that we intend to migrate to the US so should give us time to sort this but I'm hoping this does not mean I now have a criminal record and as such not eligible to join my wife when her PD becomes current. I have also been awarded the MBA degree with Merit.

When we got to the UK, we wrote the NVC and gave our new address in the UK, asking them to change our visa collection from our country of origin to the UK and they have done this. Now my mother-in-law is very very sick and we are scared it may be terminal, so any advice on both situations on what to do will surely help.

Thanks
                Last edited by Bubu19/09/2003; 11-12-2013, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Almost done with my case at Nvc..they approved eveything ..pd may 19 03
                  Tabby,

Glad to hear that you are approved. My PD also is in May 2003. How do you know that you are approved. Did NVC send you a letter that you are approved?. Or you can see the status on line on DS 260 that you are approved.

By email, I already sent some of my the scanned civil documents to NVC thru internet while the original hard copies will be sent by my brother in law in California. The things left, are color photographs and police certificates.

Will the NVC send us a kind of a check list for the things OK and not yet received?.

Frank

Comment

• Yeah they will send u checklist..n in that check list if nothing is missing that means u r done

Comment

Yeah they will send u checklist..n in that check list if nothing is missing that means u r done
                      Thank you Tabby for your quick response. Where do you plan to live in the US. I plan to live in California, but it could be in other states it depends on the job that I can get. My specialty is finance and accounting and some knowledge of IT. I don't know how difficult to get a job there especially for the almost 60 years of age.

Frank

Comment

• Mostly texas..n I'll go for business..job doesnt earn enough..n im young just 23..so if it take 5 years to settle business still its good for my future..

Comment

• Welcome to the F3 forum Bubu19/09/2003 ! I know of cases where people who were in worst situations, were still able to get their green card. A lot depends on the person is interviewing you. Speak the truth IF the matter comes up. It will be worse if you are found lying. Be positive and don't stress yourself about the things you can not change.

I am sorry to hear about your mother in law. Unfortunately, I really doubt that NVC will speed up your case because the petitioner is terminally ill. Pray, and hope that all goes by quickly. My mom will be 75 soon and though she is in good health it is one of my fears that she may die before the process is over, as I would have to request humanitarian re-instatement and that is a challenge. My PD is November 2003, so I am still a way to go.

Keep the faith and keep yourself busy. Cheers !

Originally posted by Bubu19/09/2003 View Post
                          Hi guys,

I just joined the forum, currently live in the UK and need some advice.

My wife is the main beneficiary of a petition filed by her mum who is a US National. Her PD is 19/09/2003. Owing to a security risk in our home country, I relocated my family (wife and 3 children) to the UK as my dependants on my student visa while i studied for a Masters, with hope that by the time I finished my programme, our PD would be current.

Problem is, I was a post grad student but got arrested for allegedly working more than 20hrs during term time, during my dissertation. Obviously, I had no idea that the dissertation period which is the second year of the MBA is counted as term time but was lucky as I was not detained nor charged to court. Our passports were however taken and while awaiting a decision, sought humanitarian protection here in the UK. This is still being reviewed and we have told the Home Office that we intend to migrate to the US so should give us time to sort this but I'm hoping this does not mean I now have a criminal record and as such not eligible to join my wife when her PD becomes current. I have also been awarded the MBA degree with Merit.

When we got to the UK, we wrote the NVC and gave our new address in the UK, asking them to change our visa collection from our country of origin to the UK and they have done this. Now my mother-in-law is very very sick and we are scared it may be terminal, so any advice on both situations on what to do will surely help.

Thanks

Comment

• Something new updates guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran123 View Post
                              My pd is 13 aug 2003, i have not received anything yet, but David who's PD is 30 july 2003 got everything, I think we should get choice of agent withing 1 month or 2 or very soon.
                              Thanks for posting your comments at least someone is there beside me who is inline after David.

imran
                              Thanks Imran, you are ahead of me so please update when you get something from NVC.

Comment

• Thanks

Originally posted by butter View Post
                                Welcome to the F3 forum Bubu19/09/2003 ! I know of cases where people who were in worst situations, were still able to get their green card. A lot depends on the person is interviewing you. Speak the truth IF the matter comes up. It will be worse if you are found lying. Be positive and don't stress yourself about the things you can not change.

I am sorry to hear about your mother in law. Unfortunately, I really doubt that NVC will speed up your case because the petitioner is terminally ill. Pray, and hope that all goes by quickly. My mom will be 75 soon and though she is in good health it is one of my fears that she may die before the process is over, as I would have to request humanitarian re-instatement and that is a challenge. My PD is November 2003, so I am still a way to go.

Keep the faith and keep yourself busy. Cheers !
                                You know what butter, you just made my day. I'll do exactly what you say. I just hope the Home Office in the UK will allow us remain until we become current. Maybe in the next three months we should receive our choice of agent form.

Since we have been in contact with them via mails, do you think they will send that information via e-mail, instead of regular posting?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X