Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok

Originally posted by rayb View Post
    II'm not sure if I am following you. But if your dad's Priority Date will be current in two months, then that means he is eligible to be processed for a visa in his home country, but must first meet the National Visa Center pre-interview requirements.

--Ray B
    ok so let me make it simple. My father's petitioon is going to be current in 2 months. his immigration paperwork has already been started and filled ds260. now his pd is getting current in 2 months. the issue is, my name (son- derivative benificiary) is not considered for immigration right now as i am above 21 but when i apply cspa on my age then my age will be 17 years= cspa age, so i am eligible for immigration. So I mailed NVC to consider me for immigration with my dad but they replied that they will apply cspa on derivative beneficiary, that is me when my dad's petition will have visa number!
    So I am wondering that what is visa number and when its avialable for my dad's petition? as i can email NVC at that time to consider my name for immigration with my dad.
    I hope you got the case perfectly.

Comment

• Rahul,

Your eligibility for a derivative visa is not something I can predict, as my understanding has always been that your age freezes when the primary applicant's visa becomes available (in two more months). The CSPA formula may calculate elgibility differently and my only experience with favorable CSPA decisions has been when children turn 21 before the actual interview.

The term "Visa Number" may be a misnomer, as there is no hard "visa number," but one's State Department number (prefixed by the Embassy acronym) becomes reacable when the Priority Date assigned to that number is current.

--Ray B

Originally posted by rahul89 View Post
      ok so let me make it simple. My father's petitioon is going to be current in 2 months. his immigration paperwork has already been started and filled ds260. now his pd is getting current in 2 months. the issue is, my name (son- derivative benificiary) is not considered for immigration right now as i am above 21 but when i apply cspa on my age then my age will be 17 years= cspa age, so i am eligible for immigration. So I mailed NVC to consider me for immigration with my dad but they replied that they will apply cspa on derivative beneficiary, that is me when my dad's petition will have visa number!
      So I am wondering that what is visa number and when its avialable for my dad's petition? as i can email NVC at that time to consider my name for immigration with my dad.
      I hope you got the case perfectly.

Comment

• F3 category for Philippines

can anyone tell me what's the priority date being process today for F3 category for Philippines? our pd is july 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Jane Curitana Ydia View Post
          can anyone tell me what's the priority date being process today for F3 category for Philippines? our pd is july 2007
          March 8, 1993---You have a while to go yet.

--Ray B

Comment

• Originally posted by davidisurf View Post
            Interview was today, we're approved
            What a long day
            I will came back here later to dedcribe how it was
            Congrats man, way to go.

Still waiting for feedback on how it all went for you. Like the questions asked and how long it took before you were told it was successful.

Comment

• How was our interview

I have been sick since last friday, just got better today, that's why I didn't came here before to tell my experience.
              So, our medical exam was one day before the interview, all went very well. Probably our medical exams will arrive today at the consulate.
              Our interview was scheduled to 7:20 am, we got there 5 minutes before, we're the last family from that 7:20 schedule, it was about 4 or 5 other families there
              It took about 30 minutes to this first attendant call us. He took our pictures that we have and organized all our DOCS that we brought, then he told us to wait in the front seat and wait to someone call us at one window just in front of us.
              Few minutes later, a woman call us and she checked if were missing any Docs, she sad that probably we would need a new I-864 and the 2013 tax returns, there was only the 2012 form, she did ask a few question but nothing important, then she also told us to have a sit and wait to be called at window 14, the window that all interviews are made.
              Than I think about 45 minutes later, we were called at window 14, but unfortunately was not good news. We were warned that the system went down just when they were checking our case. Then, as we were with our 2 months old son, the consul (not sure if she was the consul) asked if we were near the consulate, and as we were in a nearby hotel, she asked to leave our phone numbers and said that we could wait in the hotel as it was not necessary to wait at the consulate with such a young baby. Then she said something that worried us, that the system would probably only return in the late afternoon or even in the evening, and we would have to go the next day at 7am. But the problem was that our flight was scheduled to leave at 6 am the next day, even before the consulate open.
              Then we went to our hotel and waited until lunchtime. When we were finishing lunch we received a call from them telling us that the system was back to normal and we could return to the consulate.
              We got there around 2pm and about 20 minutes later we were called to window 14 and the consul, who at all times was very friendly by the way, apologized for the inconvenience. And then she did the following questions to my wife (who is the main applicant)
              1. Who's the petioner?
              2. Where she (petioner) lives?
              3. If she (my wife) stayed in the U.S. for more than 6 months?
              Then she said that we were approved to receive a visa, but we would have to send 2 new forms I-864 (originals), because there was only one Form I-864 and had to be sent one for each family member. So we have sent today the forms to consulate and in a few days we'll be receiving our visas
              I checked the CEAC website and the status shows "Administrative Processing"

Comment

• Hello,

We wish everyone on F3 makes a progress in their process. We arrived on June 2 in LAX and directly, since we arrived in the morning at 9 am we found not so long queuing on the immigration line. We went then to the local social security office to register for social security cards, however we can not get them the same day. They just gave us the letters as receipts. When we go to the bank to open an account, we have to have the SS numbers, then we followed up the matter to the nearest SS office saying that we can not open the bank account unless we have the SS numbers, then they said we have to wait in 3 business days, so we have to followup it again on Friday this week. I do not know what your guys experience on getting the SS number.

Of course we have to have this social security number in finding the job, I appreciate if you could share us your experience.

Frank
                Mentone CA

Comment

• case complte

i just recived email from nvc my case is complted PD 05 Dec 2003
                  Last edited by ranajee_87; 06-04-2014, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hfsitumo2001 View Post
                    Hello,

We wish everyone on F3 makes a progress in their process. We arrived on June 2 in LAX and directly, since we arrived in the morning at 9 am we found not so long queuing on the immigration line. We went then to the local social security office to register for social security cards, however we can not get them the same day. They just gave us the letters as receipts. When we go to the bank to open an account, we have to have the SS numbers, then we followed up the matter to the nearest SS office saying that we can not open the bank account unless we have the SS numbers, then they said we have to wait in 3 business days, so we have to followup it again on Friday this week. I do not know what your guys experience on getting the SS number.

Of course we have to have this social security number in finding the job, I appreciate if you could share us your experience.

Frank
                    Mentone CA

Hi Frank
                    I am so happy you and your family finally made it in I have heard that the SS # will come by mail to the address you put on the DS-260 form and I know of others who had to wait 4 weeks for it to come so in the mean time enjoy family and friends after the IV process we all need a breather ,you are lucky to be in and see how they celebrate their 4th of July independence. I am not in as yet my husband is wrapping up on his contract and Im getting my house in order but we have tickets booked for August 3 GOOD LUCK.

David surf, Im glad that they did not make you wait so long in the embassy with the little one ,but all went well just the same all the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by subina_gorge View Post
                      Hello Friends,

I am from Pakistan and silent reader of this useful, helpful forum my PD is 28 June 2004. Can anybody predict me that when i will get my COA I mean when I will get choice of agent forms.

Help will be really appreciated.

Thanks
                      My cousin's PD is March 2004, and they received their COA on April 15, did u receive yours yet?

Comment

• Hi puddy
                        your petitioner has submitted the sponsor letter
                        I want to know what documents are needed for sponsors,
                        and what docs we have to send to nvc
                        because my father didnt know about this.
                        thans your ans will be helpfull to me.

Comment

• Regarding COA

Originally posted by fortune View Post
                          My cousin's PD is March 2004, and they received their COA on April 15, did u receive yours yet?
                          Hi,

I have not received anything Yet. When I receive COA I will inform.

Thanks

Comment

• July VB is out. F3 Phils March 22, 1993..our pd is june '93. Getting closer, whew! 😊

Comment

• vb out and now slowdown only 15day June vb 1st Oct 2003 and now 15Oct2003 (:- worldwide

Comment

• Death of petioner before the petionee come to US

Hello,

This is the case of my brother in law's family who are still in Indonesia, have not got their immigrant visa, but my father in law is dead now.

Is there any idea if we can request the emergency visa of my brother in law to see his father funeral service? or their immigrant visas can be expedited?. For more information, their visas are pending now in Jakarta due to one of the family member has medical problem, has to be cured first.

I appreciate any ideas.

Frank
                                Mentone, CA

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X