All F3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^_^

It's done guys. Sorry I didn't give you the date as I promised for the second interview but the date we received was so close & I figured what are a few more days?

Anyway below is my fuuuuuuuuuuulll review for applicants/beneficiaries of the F3 category. My country is Jamaica and the embassy is in Kingston. I'm going to start from 2010.

*Packet 3*

-NVC in June 2010 sent packet 3 to us requesting documents and payments for my parents and me. However my mother's fee wasn't paid and her documents not sent in because she had adjusted status in the US via my older sibling. So now it's just my father (primary beneficiary) and me (derivative) that's going to be processed under F3. Keep in mind my parents are still married.

Retrogression happened and 2 years passed befor our PD became current. On November 6, 2012 my father and his mother (petitioner) received packet 4. My father got his through email but his mother got hers by mail. We then found out that my name wasn't included in the appointment letter because I am over 21 years old.

*CSPA*

-I then decided to email the immigrant visa (IV) unit for the embassy. I gave them all the details and asked for my CSPA age to be calculated and how to get my name on an appointment letter. After a few emails and calls (embassy requested a contact number and called us) we got a new appointment letter with my father's name and my name on it. As we know without your name on the interview letter you can't do the medical. Now there are 2 ways for a CSPA derivative to be able to get a medical done. One, wait until the parents do their interview for a consulate officer to look at the CSPA candidate's birth certificate (that the parents brought to the interview), calculate the age and give an official document (Blue Sheet) to the parents for their now successful CSPA covered child. Or two do what I did. However it seems the reason why it was possible to resolve my CSPA issue over the phone was because they had my birth certificate which had been included in my father’s file that NVC had forwarded to the embassy. So the embassy already had the evidence they needed to do the appropriate calculations and officially decide if I was approved or not. Got the new interview letter through my email and printed it.

*Medical*

-Appointment made for November 27, 2012 @ 10am
    - Brought the appointment letter, passports, 4 passport sized pictures each, vaccination records and exam & vaccinations fees for each.
    -Wait time = 3.5 hrs
    -Can pay with cash/credit/debit. We were prepared with all 3 because you never know what can happen (swipe machine might not work).
    -Can pay in US or local currency
    -Total cost for physical and vaccinations was Ja$34,785 (about US$391) for 2 persons. So that's Ja$17,393 (US195) for each person.
    ----------I had my vaccination records (vaccinated against varicella, MMR, DPT) and my father didn't have any records yet we still got the same shots in the end.
    --------------The vaccines we received were Varicella, MMR and DPT
    -Some vaccinations are age appropriate. For example people 65 yrs and older must get the influenza vaccine and folks over 50 get another that I can't recall.
    -Picked up the result 1 week later. You are given a copy of the doctor’s report on what you've been vaccinated against. This report can be used as your vaccination record in the US if your new job asks for a vac record or your children need one to enroll in school.

*First Appointment*

-Appointment date came (December 11, 2012 @ 7am).
    -Reached embassy at about 6:50am.
    -Went through security (no phones, lotions, other liquids (except medication/baby food), calculators, umbrellas, music/recording devices allowed), was directed to an area to get a ticket number and then had a seat where directed to (immigrant section).
    -We organized ourselves so the police records, passports, medical reports, pictures and affidavit of support were good to go. We sat and waited to be called.
    -We were called on twice. The first time was to hand in the documents we brought and do our finger prints and the second time for the actual interview. At the second call we were sworn in and after talking for about 2 minutes we were given a 'Blue Sheet' for a DNA test. Reason? Because the petitioner's name (my granny) was incorrect on my father's birth certificate and my father's name was added to my birth certificate when I was 6 years old (if you want to know why you can ask but not addressing it in this post). The only other question they asked is if we have B2 (tourist) visas.

*DNA*

-The DNA test has to be done by one of the many labs approved by the US embassy. So what I did was contact the lab closest to the petitioner and set up an appointment. We had to pay for a maternity test (petitioner to her child [beneficiary]) and paternity test (beneficiary to his child [derivative]). The cost was US$550 for the maternity test, US$350 for the paternity and $125 for shipping 2 (out of 3) kits to our embassy. Kits contain the swabs (Q-tip like) that an authorized embassy personnel will use to collect cheek samples for the actual tests. And it's one kit per person.
    -Once the petitioner had her sample collected the lab FEDEXed the kits to the embassy. Below is the timeline for our DNA process.
    1) Had 1st interview on December 11, 2012
    2) Lab appointment made for on December 12, 2012
    3) DNA kits paid for on December 12, 2012
    3) Kits received by the embassy on December 13, 2012
    4) US embassy calls us with info for DNA sample collection on December 28, 2012
    5) DNA collected on January 8, 2013 @ 1pm
    --------We were told to bring our passports, a copy of the bio info of the passport (this is the first page), 2 passport sized photos, the Blue Sheet and a receipt from the hospital (St Andrews) that showed we paid for that authorized person to take our samples. Also our embassy only does DNA collection on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
    6) We were told expect a call in 3 to 4 weeks for our 2nd appointment.

*Second Appointment*

-We got the call on February 1, was told YES we are all related by blood and that we should come to the embassy on February 11, 2013 @ 1:30pm with our passports. The beneficiary was told he didn't have to bring the derivative but we didn't chance it and the derivative still went.
    -We reached the embassy at 1pm and were let in. We went through security, got our ticket and directed on where to sit. When it was the beneficiary’s turn he handed the consulate officer the passports and was told to head to DHL. I didn't even go up to the window with him so I really didn't need to go to the embassy after all. Also they didn't take our most recent affidavit of support this time or at the first interview. We were informed that the 2009 AOS from June 2010 was good enough.
    -You can pay by cash/credit/debit and the cost is Ja$1,125 (US$13) no matter how many persons from the petition has been approved.
    -Also you can either pay at the embassy or when you're going to pick up you package.

Guys remember some of this information is country specific and may not apply or work for you for eg a guy in India HAD TO wait until his parents’ interview to know if he was CPSA approved or with the Philippines if you give a positive for TB in your medical then you may have to undergo 6 months treatment before you’re approved for your visa. So if you want to know specific info about Jamaica feel free to ask even if I didn’t mention it in my post above.
    Last edited by aaydrian; 02-12-2013, 10:47 AM. Reason: Proof read
    F3
    My priority date - June 7, 2002

F3 Watch List for active members

Feb2003/Clearvision = February 2003 - GOOD LUCK!
    diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
    Puddy = April 2003
    hfsitumo2001 = May 05, 2003
    butter = November 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
    krish_84 = November 2004
    zaga14 = = November 8, 2004

Comment

• a little more

Simple CSPA age calculation

Date petition Approved - Date petition Filed (priority date) = Years to subtract for child's real age

then

Real Age of Child - Years to subtract for child's real age = CSAP age of the child
      F3

Puddy = April 2003

chsingh = June 2004
      krish_84 = November 2004

Comment

• March VB

Originally posted by mtouch View Post
        We can't predict yet because no one has received interview letters until now. Let's wait for a little while.
        One week movement.

Comment

• Thanks aaydrian for sharing your experience and congratulations. When do you expect to get your visa in your passport ?
          "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
          dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
          S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
          Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
          Puddy = April 2003
          hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
          Imran123 = Aug 2003
          butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
          krish_84 = Nov 2004 / zaga14 = Nov 8, 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by aaydrian View Post
            Simple CSPA age calculation

Date petition Approved - Date petition Filed (priority date) = Years to subtract for child's real age

then

Real Age of Child - Years to subtract for child's real age = CSAP age of the child
            Thank you aaydrian ! Thank you ! I really appreciate this. I am in the caribbean as well, and I have been keeping all info on CSPA
            for my daughter and my nieces, nephew and everyone else. I advised a family I knew to use CSPA sometime ago, and it worked for them too. Thanks again for sharing this and good luck. Remember to use this new opportunity to continue to educate yourself as you go through life. I know you will be busy with your new life, but keep popping on the forum to check on us- even if its once per month.
            Best wishes ! Congrats again ! Cheers !

Comment

• Originally posted by mtouch View Post
              Thanks aaydrian for sharing your experience and congratulations. When do you expect to get your visa in your passport ?
              Thank you.
              An employee of the embassy said it can take from a day to 6 months before you get the actual visa. Because we all go through administrative processing a CO could later, even after you have been approved, find something wrong with your documents and delay everything (a woman at the embassy with us was finally finished in February 2013 after having been approved since April 2012). Despite this I don't expect to pick up anything before Friday or next Monday but I'll still check using the DHL tracking number everyday.

Originally posted by butter View Post
              Thank you aaydrian ! Thank you ! I really appreciate this. I am in the caribbean as well, and I have been keeping all info on CSPA
              for my daughter and my nieces, nephew and everyone else. I advised a family I knew to use CSPA sometime ago, and it worked for them too. Thanks again for sharing this and good luck. Remember to use this new opportunity to continue to educate yourself as you go through life. I know you will be busy with your new life, but keep popping on the forum to check on us- even if its once per month.
              Best wishes ! Congrats again ! Cheers !
              Thank as well. I'll still pop in and try to pop in for as long as possible. Hopefully the dates progress nicely.
              Last edited by aaydrian; 02-12-2013, 09:55 AM.
              F3

Puddy = April 2003

chsingh = June 2004
              krish_84 = November 2004

Comment

• vb march 2013

vb march 2013 coming but to much slow progress only seven dayes in month 15 july for f3.

Comment

• Congratulations

Great to hear that you finally got through aaydrian and thanks so much for informing us of the process. I am the beneficiary in my case and I have a daughter who turned 21 in October last year. From what you described I believe she will be ok as her birth certificate was submitted with our papers at the beginning of the process in 2003. The petition was approved in 2009 so when my time comes I will do what you did to have her added. Congrats again and all the best for the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Feb2003 View Post
                    Great to hear that you finally got through aaydrian and thanks so much for informing us of the process. I am the beneficiary in my case and I have a daughter who turned 21 in October last year. From what you described I believe she will be ok as her birth certificate was submitted with our papers at the beginning of the process in 2003. The petition was approved in 2009 so when my time comes I will do what you did to have her added. Congrats again and all the best for the future.
                    Glad I could help and thank you for the well wishes.
                    F3

Puddy = April 2003

chsingh = June 2004
                    krish_84 = November 2004

Comment

• Hi all
                      My F4 PD is June 22, 2008.
                      how long I have to wait ? If i change the category to F3 now, will it affect the waiting time ?
                      Thanks

Comment

• turist visa for me

Originally posted by aaydrian View Post
                        Thank you.
                        An employee of the embassy said it can take from a day to 6 months before you get the actual visa. Because we all go through administrative processing a CO could later, even after you have been approved, find something wrong with your documents and delay everything (a woman at the embassy with us was finally finished in February 2013 after having been approved since April 2012). Despite this I don't expect to pick up anything before Friday or next Monday but I'll still check using the DHL tracking number everyday.

Thank as well. I'll still pop in and try to pop in for as long as possible. Hopefully the dates progress nicely.
                        hello sir aaydrian ,
                        I have a question am eligible for us tourist visa are not.some people say those people immigrant visa pending those are denied for tourist visa.now two year are long wait to me for immigrant visa.and I plan for a tour of one month on tourist visa.please suggest me. thanking you,chsingh

Comment

• Got DS 3032

Hi All
                          I am from Pakistan, F3, PD is 22 Jan 2003. Got DS 3032 on 26th Jan. 2013. Sent AOS fee online and Packet IV fee Online by my father who is petitioner and my choice of Agent. Preparing to send AOS and Packet IV application. Worried about the movement of VB. Is there any chance of USA immigration Reform in few months. Will it effect F3.

Comment

• Originally posted by shagi View Post
                            Hi all
                            My F4 PD is June 22, 2008.
                            how long I have to wait ? If i change the category to F3 now, will it affect the waiting time ?
                            Thanks
                            How can you change to F3? Is your parent a US citizen? If your parent will file a new petition then you go back to the end of the F3 line. You cannot carry over the F4 PD to F3 PD.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Kamran Khan View Post
                            Hi All
                            I am from Pakistan, F3, PD is 22 Jan 2003. Got DS 3032 on 26th Jan. 2013. Sent AOS fee online and Packet IV fee Online by my father who is petitioner and my choice of Agent. Preparing to send AOS and Packet IV application. Worried about the movement of VB. Is there any chance of USA immigration Reform in few months. Will it effect F3.
                            We don't know for sure of immigration reform will be passed into law this year. Hopefully it will and if recapture of visas lost in past years will be part of the law then all categories will benefit from a faster movement.
                            "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
                            dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
                            S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
                            Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
                            Puddy = April 2003
                            hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
                            Imran123 = Aug 2003
                            butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
                            krish_84 = Nov 2004 / zaga14 = Nov 8, 2004

Comment

• I think April VB will be either Aug 1 or Aug 8.
                              F3

Puddy = April 2003

chsingh = June 2004
                              krish_84 = November 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by aaydrian View Post
                                I think April VB will be either Aug 1 or Aug 8.
                                I read a website that said it will be August 1. It would be nice if it's Aug 8.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X