• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting time for Marriage based GC EAD

Hello

My RD is 1/30/19
    Biometrics was done on 2/25/19
    Current status for i-765 is working on EAD
    Current status for i-485 is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
    How long do I need to wait for EAD?Will my H1 be no longer valid once I receive EAD?

Your H1 becomes invalid only if you use the EAD.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by UserVA View Post
      Hello

My RD is 1/30/19
      How long do I need to wait for EAD?Will my H1 be no longer valid once I receive EAD?

Hi

You have or had H1 visa but you are saying you applied for I-485 Adjustment of Status thru marriage so why would you even concern about a B1B2 .H 1visa. F visa J visa, whatever visa it may be .
      so you are applying for a green card thru marriage therefore you are gonna be a LPR and there is no importance of any other visas therefore your H1 visa will be VOID.
      its like saying I have a Green Card and if I become a U.S citizen what is gonna happen to my GC ?
      what do you think ? you cant be a U.S citizen and a Green Card holder at the same time
      they will simply ask you to return it during your ceremony and if you dont return the green card your citizenship application will be denied ...

So if you re currently waiting for a I-485 interview you will receive a date for interview by mail .if you had biometrics was done you were supposed to have an EAD card within 90 days, after the interview the officer will let you know if your I-485 approved or he/she would let you know their decision by mail , if approved usually a green card will ordered for production in that case you will not need or receive an EAD card ,if not approved on the spot than you will receive an EAD car in the mail ,if your I-485 application is denied you will receive a mail before your 1 year EAD expiration date you will receive a denial mail and its reason ... if that happens you either leave or if its allowed start all over again by applying for MTR -motion to reopen or reapply a new I-485 again.

Good luck

Comment

Hello

My RD is 1/30/19
        When you say that the status for I-765 is "working on EAD" do you mean "card is being produced"? If that's the case it usually takes around 7 days to get your card. That status will change to "approved", "we mailed your card", "usps picked up the card" here you will get the tracking number and then "card was delivered to my be the post office".

If you want your H1 to be valid until your GC is approved, then don't use EAD/AP card.
        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Hello

My RD is 1/30/19
          They may deny the EAD because you have the H1 visa. Who knows how long you'll wait for that decision. A lot of people are waiting over 200 days already. If you do receive the EAD, your H1 may become invalid. As long as your green card is approved, none of these will matter anyway. That's just a matter of time, though.
          Marriage to USC, B2 Visitor AOS filed at NBC
          Concurrent i485, i130, i765, i131
          9/27/2018: RD/PD
          10/2/2018: Fingerprint Fee
          10/4/2018: Notice Date all
          10/12/2018: Bio Notice Date
          10/29/2018: Bio Appt
          2/7/2019: i693 Courtesy Letter date
          3/12/2019: i485 Ready to be scheduled for interview
          5/3/2019: second i765 Out of normal processing time SR
          5/15/2019: raised ombudsman SR
          5/20/2019: EAD was mailed day 235

Comment

Hi is invalidated ONLY if the EAD associated with I485 is used.
            Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X