Working while waiting for EAD through marriage green card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working while waiting for EAD through marriage green card

I am an F1 student and I do not have an EAD yet. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go back to school as I don't have enough money to pay for school.

Meanwhile, I have a gf who is an American citizen, and we are planning to get married soon. I was wondering is I should work while I'm still waiting to get married and applg for my green card. I'm desperately in need of money and I have no way to get any sort of help from anyone. I have a SS card though an on campus job at my school.

If I work outside and they run my payroll, will it affect my green card application?

Again, I'm desperately in need of money and I do not see any other option as I will have to be making some money to apply for the green card and take care of the expenses around the house.

why don't you apply for OPT or CPT to work?

Comment

Originally posted by Indiandesi View Post
      I am an F1 student and I do not have an EAD yet. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go back to school as I don't have enough money to pay for school.

Meanwhile, I have a gf who is an American citizen, and we are planning to get married soon. I was wondering is I should work while I'm still waiting to get married and applg for my green card. I'm desperately in need of money and I have no way to get any sort of help from anyone. I have a SS card though an on campus job at my school.

If I work outside and they run my payroll, will it affect my green card application?

Again, I'm desperately in need of money and I do not see any other option as I will have to be making some money to apply for the green card and take care of the expenses around the house.
      You cannot work outside school except on CPT or OPT or some other kind of EAD. Unauthorized employment does not affect AOS in your category, but no company will let you start work as an employee because you don't have the documents to satisfy the I-9 requirements.
      Last edited by newacct; 05-20-2019, 11:35 AM.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X