• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email from NVC asking for $$$

filed I-130 @ the California Svc Center back in June 2009
    received approval letter in December

2 days ago, I got an email from the NVC asking me to pay another $400
    is this legit ? any clues on what lies next after i pony up the cash ?
    Thanks

Did you get anything from NVC by mail first asking you that you would like to participate in electronic processing?

If not, they would send every by mail only.

However, if you are paying the fees at the state government web site, there is nothing wrong or illegitimate about it. You will have to pay the fees anyway. However, don't pay until you are notified from NVC.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

400 $ is the processing fee for Immigration visa.

In my case, they did not even ask me if I wanted to be e-recipient. I have not received any "paper" in USPS mail. All emails till date.

Comment

Check whether the email is really from the NVC. Does the email address end with state.gov ?

And is it asking you to go to state.gov web site and pay the fees?

If that is the case, and if you have been receiving everything email by so far, it seems legitimate. Go ahead and pay it.
        Immihelp Support

Comment

the website address does end in state.gov so i've gone ahead and sent them the $400

they didn't ask me if i wanted to be an e-recipient & I haven't received any mail via USPS from them either

I did get an email receipt via PDF soon after that confirmed my payment as the IV Fee Payment Status being IN PROCESS.

under Next Steps on the same PDF, it says I need to check back after 2-3 business days to check for updates. Once the status reads as PAID, i have to print out the Document Cover Sheet & 'attach it to the documents sent to the NVC' after which I need to go to the NVC page for further instructions

Comment

Is it possible for you to forward those different PDF files and emails to us? It would serve us as great reference.

I guarantee that they would be used solely for education purposes and only for helping us helping other people like you on this forum. There would absolutely not be any misuse.

You can send it to info [at ] immihelp.com
            Immihelp Support

Comment

Everyone wants help from this forum but hardly anyone wants to contribute back.
              Immihelp Support

Comment

email referencing

This is legit email whenever you apply for gc and in any form you have put in your email, then at a later time if you call nvc once processing starts they ask you if you would like to opt for email referencing if you say yes then they send you any future corospondence thru email which i did for my parents case they are in mumbai, I was scared to opt for email thinking what if i don`t get the email but nvc assured me it will be alright and quicker too....which is so ture

They are some great helpful people working at nvc from mon-fri 730 am to 12pm est. I am just waiting on the silly pcc since the last riots the local police station don`t issue pcc, so we have to go via the main office somewhere in dadar............

Comment

cover sheet

I think I've mailed the wrong cover sheet when I sent my 260 civil documents to NVC, but it has a barcode on it! Is this an issue?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X