Green card for father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card for father

I applied the green card for my dad on October 26 2018 last year, we got the letter saying they have received our application after that we did not get anything from them. Is anybody there have applied green card for their parents and got any information please share. My dad wants to go India for sometime is it ok to travel while application is in process. Thanks

Your dad must not travel abroad or the process will be considered abandoned, unless you applied and already received Advance Parole for him.

I feel it is a little too long. No biometric appointment? What forms did you send?
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Thanks for replying.. whatever agent told me we submitted everything do not remember but do you know somebody who got the green card already when they applied same time frame. I heard right now process is very slow.

Comment

It is advised not to travel abroad until the process is completed or unless you applied and already received Advance Parole for him. What forms did you submitted? I applied for my mom in last week Dec 2018 and she got her green card within 6 months. Did you submit the all the forms what was requested.

Comment

[QUOTE=sushe571;n703975]It is advised not to travel abroad until the process is completed or unless you applied and already received Advance Parole for him. What forms did you submitted? I applied for my mom in last week Dec 2018 and she got her green card within 6 months. Did you submit the all the forms what was requested.

You applied in December 2018 and she already got green card wow. I do not know whatever needed we filled as we applied through agent in fact he charged us for that and we got the letter from immigration department that they received the application and it is in process so that means they got everything otherwise they would have rejected or notified us that what else they need.

Comment

To Tanima: Yes, we applied in Dec 2018 and got green card within 6 months. Usually it will take few days for USCIS to send you the letter. Did you try to call them?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X