Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for Interview at Mumbai Consulate

Hello All,
    We filed for GC (IR5 cateory) for my wife's parents in March 2018 while they are in India. My wife is the petitioner.
    Our DS-260 has been accepted and the PD is shown as 09/March/2018 and my in-laws have been waiting for Interview Date since then at Mumbai Consulate.
    We were informed on 1st march of this year that all the papers were accepted and to wait for interview.

My questions are - 1> Anyone else in that time frame and how long is it taking for the interviews to be scheduled at Mumbai consulate?
    2> Can My in-laws travel to US while waiting on their interview call ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by spj318ti; 09-10-2019, 05:01 PM.

Originally posted by spj318ti View Post
    Hello All,
    We filed for GC (IR5 cateory) for my wife's parents in March 2018 while they are in India. My wife is the petitioner.
    Our DS-260 has been accepted and the PD is shown as 09/March/2018 and my in-laws have been waiting for Interview Date since then at Mumbai Consulate.
    We were informed on 1st march of this year that all the papers were accepted and to wait for interview.

My questions are - 1> Anyone else in that time frame and how long is it taking for the interviews to be scheduled at Mumbai consulate?

Thanks.
    Bombay consulate seems to be the worst one...

They do not publish any statistics as to which cases they are processing. NVC simply says waiting for the consulate. My case is CR1 (spouse of US citizen) -- I130 was approved in March; DS260, and all documents were accepted back in May, but still no interview dates...

--
    Marriage to US citizen based I130+CP
    7/21/18 Filed I130 @ Chicago Lockbox
    8/8/18 I797C (Notice of Action received)
    3/29/19 I130 approved
    5/15/19 NVC case/invoice email received.
    5/19/19 Paid all fees, submitted AOS, Civil Documents and DS260
    8/14/20 NVC marked the case complete, waiting for visa interview date.

Total wait: 26 months+ ... still waiting! Who knows when, due to covid

Comment

Originally posted by parks View Post

Bombay consulate seems to be the worst one...

They do not publish any statistics as to which cases they are processing. NVC simply says waiting for the consulate. My case is CR1 (spouse of US citizen) -- I130 was approved in March; DS260, and all documents were accepted back in May, but still no interview dates...
      Yeah plus it is so inconsistent.
      On another forum, i found a person who told that the documents were all approved in May 2019 got interview on Oct 9th.

Comment

Originally posted by spj318ti View Post
        Hello All,

Thanks.
        Hello All,
        Absolutely no response in our case. Anyone else in the same time frame?
        My in-laws have been waiting since March 2019 for Mumbai consulate.
        We put in inquiry for my father-in-law in September and got a response back 1 month.
        For my mother-in-law we filed an inquiry in early October, and no response till date. Inquiries were filed by the petitioner which is my wife.
        Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X