Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i include my name on the ceac account for f4 category visa

Hi

My name is Anyaorah Emeka, my Uncle filed f4 immigration visa category for Mom with the priority date 09/may/2017.

We got the NVC notification id number on 23/oct/2019.

My mom, my dad (spouse) and my 3 younger brothers names was included on the ceac account as the accompany derivatives. But my name was omitted on the Ceac iv application account.

As of 09/may/2017 (priority date) i was only 15years old.

I want to ask if am eligible for CSPA protection as an aged out derivative beneficiary, and what steps should i take to get my name included on CEAC account so i can pay iv application fee.

Case no: LGS2010xxxxx
    Date of birth: 22/jun/1992
    Priority Date: 09/may/2017
    Approval date: 07/jun/2010

I guess the date is 09/may/2007 and not 2017.
    There are no visas available for F4 with that PD. You CSPA age is 27 - 3 years = 24 years, I guess you are not eligible for CSPA.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Hi Enub4 yes the PD is 09/may/2007.

please can you explain how CSPA (minus 3years) works.
      Thanks!

Comment

CSPA calculate your age by checking first if a visa is available (Visa Bulletin), if it is available then you take your age and take out the time it took for the petition to be approved, in your case there are no visas available yet, but let's say there are available, your age = 27, time it took to approve the petition = 3 years, your CSPA age (if there were visas available) is 24 years.

CSPA rules only apply in some cases and only for people that the calculated CSPA age is < 21
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Enub4 Yes the visa is now available.

But i was just 15 years when the case was filed. PD 09/may/2007.

what steps do i take to atleast fill ds-260 form and follow my family to the interview?

Comment

Sorry, from what I understand about CSPA, you aged out and you can't go to your family interview.
            I'm no expert and I hope I'm wrong.
            ---

Comment

Enub4 can i be re-categorised to another immigrant visa category (i.e F24)? If possible who will be my sponsor?

Comment

I'm no expert. I think the biggest problem will be if you were born in one of the countries with long delays. Sometimes people can qualify as an unmarried son/daughter but if it takes 10 years or more, that could change and then another category needed.
                ---

Comment

HELLO @Enub4,

Hope you are doing well.

I also falls into this category as my aunt has filed our i30 in Oct 2005 and we got approved in March 2009 in India but now we are very close to get a letter and now me and my sister she is 24 and i am 29.

So according to CSPA calculations my sister is (24-3.5=20.5 years) and myself is (29.5-3.5=26) so is there any chance of us to get visa along with our parents.

Whats your status now? Can you please suggest me what should we do in this issue as you have experience this situation?

Thanks
                  Mithal

Comment

Hello Mithal I answered in another thread. I have no experience with CSPA our case is employment-based, only what I read from forums and USCIS site.

You need to wait until the PD is current to do the CSPA calculation, maybe your sister can qualify if she just turns 24 and the PD became current next month or two. I hope you can find a way to be included too. Good luck.
                    ---

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X