Wrong RFE for 485 Received - Husband is PR but RFE to Prove He is a Citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong RFE for 485 Received - Husband is PR but RFE to Prove He is a Citizen

Hi, my husband is a permeant resident, so I am applying as of F2A. We submitted our application in September 2019. We received a RFE in November asking us to prove he is a citizen. My lawyer said that USCIS made a mistake. She and her team scanned our previously submitted application & Greencard copy, and highlighted where we selected that my husband is a PR validating we did not make mistakes from our end. My case status changed to RFE response was received on November 22nd, but I haven't seen any updates ever since.

Is there anyone else in the same situation? Did your case move forward? What the timeline?

Thank you!

I have read 3 other posts from people that this happened to them. It is unbelievable that USCIS can make this mistake (the form is cleared marked and the petitioner GC attached).

Sorry that I don't know what happened next. All reports are recent so I guess they are waiting for an update just like you. Good luck.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

I got the same RFIE.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
        I have read 3 other posts from people that this happened to them. It is unbelievable that USCIS can make this mistake (the form is cleared marked and the petitioner GC attached).

Sorry that I don't know what happened next. All reports are recent so I guess they are waiting for an update just like you. Good luck.
        Thank you. I know this mistake of them is so unbelievable. I hope I can hear something good very soon

Comment

Originally posted by Trini0616 View Post
          I got the same RFIE.
          Let's keep each other posted if there are any updates. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline.c View Post
            Hi, my husband is a permeant resident, so I am applying as of F2A. We submitted our application in September 2019. We received a RFE in November asking us to prove he is a citizen. My lawyer said that USCIS made a mistake. She and her team scanned our previously submitted application & Greencard copy, and highlighted where we selected that my husband is a PR validating we did not make mistakes from our end. My case status changed to RFE response was received on November 22nd, but I haven't seen any updates ever since.

Is there anyone else in the same situation? Did your case move forward? What the timeline?

Thank you!
            I had a same RFE and I applied on 30 th June 2019. I received RFE on 25th September and I sent answer on 4th oct. they received answer but still status is same. It’s more then 90 days to receive RFE answer. I don’t know what to do. My lawyer said it was by mistake from uscis.

Comment

We are in a same boat. Our priority date is August 22, 2019 filed for a Spouse of LPR (GC Holder), got the same RFE on November 5, 2019 and sent them the response right away saying that we applied as spouse of LPR. Got update from USCIS on November 18, 2019 saying that response for RFE is received. Thats the last update we got. It has been 60 days now and still no response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X