Petition for immediate relative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition for immediate relative

I am a US citizen and I am sponsoring my son and his family.While I-130 has benn approved my son had a newborn.Do I need to fill another form?

No, not necessary.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

get the name of the newborn added to original petition of your son...

Comment

Originally posted by osumi12345 View Post
        I am a US citizen and I am sponsoring my son and his family.While I-130 has benn approved my son had a newborn.Do I need to fill another form?
        What is your son's age and marital status? If he is over 21 or married, he is not an Immediate Relative. Unmarried over-21 is in the F1 category, while married is in the F3 category.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for your getting back at me. My son is married over 21 years old. I filled I-130 form 8-9 years ago(while he was married) and I got an approved I-797 form. It says'The above petition has approved'....this year my son had a newborn... Now I know that he is on F 3 category ..So after everything is ready for him to come here with his family does he or me need to let immigration know about his newborn? (thank you in advance for your time).

Comment

Originally posted by osumi12345 View Post
            Thank you for your getting back at me. My son is married over 21 years old. I filled I-130 form 8-9 years ago(while he was married) and I got an approved I-797 form. It says'The above petition has approved'....this year my son had a newborn... Now I know that he is on F 3 category ..So after everything is ready for him to come here with his family does he or me need to let immigration know about his newborn? (thank you in advance for your time).
            The wait for visa numbers in the F3 category is 12+ years (much longer if he was born in Mexico or the Philippines). So they still need to wait a few more years before they can proceed to the next step. When he immigrates, his spouse and unmarried under-21 children can immigrate with him as derivative beneficiaries. He can add children to the case now or later but it wouldn't hurt to do it sooner.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X