Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes during long I-130 application wait

Dear Community

I am hoping someone can help me get some clarification on my current situation, perhaps someone else has been in the same boat as me in the past and has some more information.

Just to explain my current situation first.

My mother has been in the US a few years now as a Lawful Permanent Resident. While under this status she did an I-130 application for unmarried son over 21.

However, since starting this application around 5 years ago my mother has become a US Citizen and I have also gotten married...

My question is, should we keep the current I-130 application going and wait till my number one day comes up? Do you think they will simply deny my application as there is no category for a married son over 21 from a Lawful Permanent Resident sponsor. Or do you think when my case comes up for review, they will take both changes into account? (Her Citizenship and my Marriage)

Should we just redo the application now that she is a US Citizen and update my information to Married son over 21? A new application would mean starting over and waiting 12-13 years or more, throwing away the last 5 years already waited.

Thank you for any advice.
    Shenton

Did you marry before or after she became a citizen?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X