Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling All F2A's (Spouses & Children of Permanent Residents)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mariab View Post
    Are you done with your interview too? if not, when is your interview?
    NVC said that they will contact me within the next 8 weeks to schedule the interview.

Comment

• congrats visjig!

I am way behind than all of you guys
      did anyone apply in july or august 2010 here?

Comment

• Originally posted by sahsan View Post
        congrats visjig!

I am way behind than all of you guys
        did anyone apply in july or august 2010 here?
        yes, I applied in August 2010, my priority date is 5th August 2010. waiting for my I-130 to get approved...what about you?

Comment

• I also applied in July, PD is 7/29/2010

Comment

• so when is the I-130 approval expected? does anyone of you who applied in august or July 2010 processing their case with the help of a lawyer?what does the lawyer say about it?
            I contacted a lawyer on avvo, he says not it takes 6-9 months for the whole procedure to be completed under the F2A category, i hope its true.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariab View Post
              so when is the I-130 approval expected? does anyone of you who applied in august or July 2010 processing their case with the help of a lawyer?what does the lawyer say about it?
              I contacted a lawyer on avvo, he says not it takes 6-9 months for the whole procedure to be completed under the F2A category, i hope its true.
              It is true. It takes 5 months for the I130 to be approved.

Comment

• for I-186 AOS

I have a question about this form if anybody can help me.

On line 24e - Whos name is supposed to be there, sponsor or principal?

As for the Federal Poverty Guidelines: If my AGI is 30K do i meet the poverty guidelines? I don't get the whole thing with the poverty guidelines, how am i supposed to know i meet the guidelines or not?

If anybody completed this form already, please help.

Comment

• Originally posted by visjig View Post
                  NVC said that they will contact me within the next 8 weeks to schedule the interview.
                  Congrats again!

I have a question for you since your case is closed. Is it ok to send the I186 AOS via e-mail or do i have to send hard copies?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by caliama View Post
                    Congrats again!

I have a question for you since your case is closed. Is it ok to send the I186 AOS via e-mail or do i have to send hard copies?

Thanks
                    I hope you meant I-864. I would suggest that you send it by a courier as sending by email will make no time difference compared to a courier. If you send an email, NVC will automatically acknowledge your email but physically it will take 8-9 days for a human being to reply back to you. Hence courier is the best option.

Good luck.

Comment

Hey guys... My case got completed on October 4th.......... heard that through NVC automated system......

i heard from automated that my case was completed sept 15.... i'm still waiting for further action from them. i'm waiting for the interview schedule... they also mentioned that if i don't here from them 8 weeks after sept 15 call them so im patiently waiting... do you have your interview sched yet?

Comment

so we are almost in the same situation. mine was completed sept 15.. until now i have not received anything from them... its been almost a month from sept 15....

Comment

I have a question about this form if anybody can help me.

On line 24e - Whos name is supposed to be there, sponsor or principal?

As for the Federal Poverty Guidelines: If my AGI is 30K do i meet the poverty guidelines? I don't get the whole thing with the poverty guidelines, how am i supposed to know i meet the guidelines or not?

If anybody completed this form already, please help.
                          About the poverty guidelines, refer to the site below.hope it helps:

also refer to the i-864 instructions in filling up the i-864 form:

https://https://www.immihelp.comhttp...it-of-support/

goodluck caliama!!
                          Last edited by jewel; 10-08-2010, 10:50 PM.

Comment

I hope you meant I-864. I would suggest that you send it by a courier as sending by email will make no time difference compared to a courier. If you send an email, NVC will automatically acknowledge your email but physically it will take 8-9 days for a human being to reply back to you. Hence courier is the best option.

Good luck.
                            Yea i meant to write I-864. Thank you so much. I will send via courier.

Comment

• Thanks for the link. So from my understanding, it means that my AGI has to be at least $18,212 in order to sponsor my husband? I'm not exactly following this. Please let me know if I'm correct or give me an example. I just want to make sure that my income is good to sponsor my husband.

Comment

Thanks for the link. So from my understanding, it means that my AGI has to be at least $18,212 in order to sponsor my husband? I'm not exactly following this. Please let me know if I'm correct or give me an example. I just want to make sure that my income is good to sponsor my husband.
                                you've mentioned that your AGI is 30k, so i think it's good enough.. see this site for a sample of filled up i-864 form:

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X