Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling All F2A's (Spouses & Children of Permanent Residents)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, congrats!

can you please tell us how long it took from the date you filed I-485 till your spouse received visa? thanks.

Originally posted by atool View Post
    hi.... with the grace of god i got my visa approved on 28th and today i got passport with visa finally with my sweetheart after long nearly 3 years..... thank u all your experience help me alot

Comment

• Originally posted by limitless View Post
      Hi, congrats!

can you please tell us how long it took from the date you filed I-485 till your spouse received visa? thanks.
      in our case there is no Adjustment of status so we did not file I-485 form it nearly 3 years my wife filed I-130 form

Comment

• 2A: About 88,000 visa numbers are expected to be available during FY 2012. The top five
        countries with the highest 2A waiting list totals are:
        Family 2A Percent of
        Preference Category
        Country Total Waiting List
        Mexico 138,628 43.0%
        Dominican Republic 30,963 9.6%
        Cuba 16,084 5.0%
        Haiti 15,804 4.9%
        Philippines 14,598 4.5%
        All Others 106,559 33.0%
        Total 322,636 100%

Comment

• Based on this data, 322,636/88,000 = 3.6 years for F2A case to get approved if the rate of filing remains same. Hopefully some of these cases get upgraded to F1 category decreasing the wait time. Any comments guys?

[2A: About 88,000 visa numbers are expected to be available during FY 2012. The top five
          countries with the highest 2A waiting list totals are:
          Family 2A Percent of
          Preference Category
          Country Total Waiting List
          Mexico 138,628 43.0%
          Dominican Republic 30,963 9.6%
          Cuba 16,084 5.0%
          Haiti 15,804 4.9%
          Philippines 14,598 4.5%
          All Others 106,559 33.0%
          Total 322,636 100%[/QUOTE]

Comment

• What you can do to help F2A

HR 3012 is not going to positively impact F2A queues for countries other than Mexico and Dominic Republic, in fact it would most probably negatively impact the remaining countries. Except these 2 countries, no other country is currently hitting the 7% limit in the F2A category.
            Increasing the family limit to 15% in the non-exempt F2A(22,000 visas approx) does not mean that any country will be guaranteed 15% of the limit in the year. It means the country may not receive more than 15%. The visa allocations will be still based on priority date movement. Only if the priority dates advance rapidly for all countries, the other countries are likely to get benefits of the increase in 15% limit. That is not likely to happen.
            The best course of action is to contact your local house representative, state senators, members of state and senate judiciary committees to push for a legislation either for V visa renewal or for re-classfication of F2A to Immediate relative category. So along with browsing/commenting posts for this issue, please also take some time to contact the government. As a first, you can start to write to all members in the House and Senate Judiciary Immigration subcommitee. All these officials have contact web-page forms which takes less than 2 minutes to submit, once you have kept the content of your message ready.
            (just google the name of the representative you want to contact)
            Also please spread awareness about this issue as no American citizen would be against fixing this injustice.

Comment

• F2a - spouses and unmarried children of permanent

Hello everybody ... please anyone can help me about my case i am very curious about my cASE ..i receve the CHECKLIST COVER email from the US Embassy Date - December 21, 2010 . and its over year i did'nt receive any email and notification from him . can anybody please tell me i am really much worried about my case. My Priority Date is 27DEC2009 . i submit all my documents which they asked me for submit but idid'nt got any email from him Help me I Am very thankfull for you Thanks .. waiting for your urgent reply ...

Comment

• Originally posted by wasif1321 View Post
                Hello everybody ... please anyone can help me about my case i am very curious about my cASE ..i receve the CHECKLIST COVER email from the US Embassy Date - December 21, 2010 . and its over year i did'nt receive any email and notification from him . can anybody please tell me i am really much worried about my case. My Priority Date is 27DEC2009 . i submit all my documents which they asked me for submit but idid'nt got any email from him Help me I Am very thankfull for you Thanks .. waiting for your urgent reply ...
                HI..

You can call NVC and ask them for case status and if they say your case is completed asked them for case completion date they will provide that to you or you can email them and asked them for status of the case and case completion date they will reply you in week or so i did that regularly

after submitting the document next step is assign you a interview call when your PD became current they will communicate with you only if there is any problem in document you send or they required some more so it is positive in you case that they have no communicate till date and hope your case is completed and it is in queque for your PD to became complete....

write a email

Comment

• Originally posted by atool View Post
                  HI..

You can call NVC and ask them for case status and if they say your case is completed asked them for case completion date they will provide that to you or you can email them and asked them for status of the case and case completion date they will reply you in week or so i did that regularly

after submitting the document next step is assign you a interview call when your PD became current they will communicate with you only if there is any problem in document you send or they required some more so it is positive in you case that they have no communicate till date and hope your case is completed and it is in queque for your PD to became complete....

write a email
                  Atool Bro i Juxt Call Him They Juxt Said Wait .............

Can You Tell Me How Can I Send A Mail about my case status ??

Comment

Atool Bro i Juxt Call Him They Juxt Said Wait .............

Can You Tell Me How Can I Send A Mail about my case status ??
                    you must have got the letters from NVC there will be a email id on that and in that you have to mention your case no. in subject and in content you have to mentions beneficiary name and his date of birth petitioner name and his date of birth and category in which you have applied your visa and then your query regarding the case........

Comment

• how long did you have to wait an anterview from the time you cas was completed
                      my pd is dec7-2010 and my case complete jan 10-2012
                      Last edited by mima; 01-13-2012, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mima View Post
                        how long did you have to wait an anterview from the time you cas was completed
                        Approx 6 months. This time frame depends if all your documents and supporting evidence documents do satisfy the NVC first time......

Comment

What does the checklist require? You should submit whatever the checklist says that you are supposed to submit.

Comment

• how long did you have to wait an anterview from the time you cas was completed

Comment

• Originally posted by visjig View Post
                              Approx 6 months. This time frame depends if all your documents and supporting evidence documents do satisfy the NVC first time......
                              yes the''r send me evrything is ok , the case number is completed .

Comment

• Not sure if people still check this thread but I could sure use some help

My priority date is 15 NOV 09 and every time I check the visa bulletin it clearly says that for May, my dates are current.

I'm an F2A by the way.

It's now May 7th 2012 and I've been waiting for this for such a long time and I just don't want it to pass me by.

We've already given the DS 230, and I have all the papers needed. I just can't seem to get an interview, no one has called/emailed me, and everytime I call they keep telling me to check the website, because my date is STILL not current.

I'm just not sure if this is normal. I just figured once my priority dates came up, I'd have a visa available for me and I'd be able to set up an interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X