Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling All F2A's (Spouses & Children of Permanent Residents)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mtouch View Post
    If you're a derivative you will be left behind. Your parents should file the I130 when they reach the US.
    During the interview the CO will calculate your CSPA age and will find out that you're overage. You should call NVC now and ask about it so you don't waste money on the medical. This is quite expensive.
    In the calculator the VISA availability date should be 8/1/2012. It will compute your age to be almost 22 years old.
    so im not elligible any more. should i still go and attend the interview?
    Last edited by pe187; 08-05-2012, 04:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pe187 View Post
      Yes attend the interview but don't do the medical. Ask the CO everything you want to know.
      "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
      dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
      S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
      Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
      diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
      Puddy = April 2003
      hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
      Imran123 = Aug 2003
      butter = Nov 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
      krish_84 = Nov 2004 / zaga14 = Nov 8, 2004

Comment

• interview

Originally posted by pe187 View Post
        Hi, may I know what happened if you already had the interview. thank you

Comment

• Hi,
          My mom has filed for my siblings. Their PD is oct 2010. Current PD is may 2010. Case completed by NVC on feb 2012 and I haven't heard anything from them. Anyone have any idea how long to wait. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jasperloveday View Post
            Hi,
            My mom has filed for my siblings. Their PD is oct 2010. Current PD is may 2010. Case completed by NVC on feb 2012 and I haven't heard anything from them. Anyone have any idea how long to wait. Thanks.
            Did they send you a letter case completed
            Have you submitted the affidavit of support. I think you will have to wait for the PD to be current then they will send you notice of interview

Comment

• Hi, I am new to this thread and after reading some of the experience, i must say that it contains very useful information regarding F2A category. I also want to share my information and would like to ask some questions as i fall in this F2A category too. My PD is Aug-2012 and i received acceptance letter from USCIS. Vermont is my VC.

I have a question, if someone answer me...
              My wife lives in USA as an LPR with my 3 months old child. I want her to come back in home country and spend some time with me as processing of F2A category visa is very lengthy and time consuming. Can she live outside USA for 11 months without any delay in our PD? Living for 11 months could create any problem with our I-130 petition?

Please reply... Thanks...
              Last edited by mabid; 10-15-2012, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• interview

Originally posted by bebang View Post
                Hi, may I know what happened if you already had the interview. thank you
                [QUOTE=mtouch;280176]Yes attend the interview but don't do the medical. Ask the CO everything you want to know.[/QUOT

just wondering how did it go with your interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by mabid View Post
                  Hi, I am new to this thread and after reading some of the experience, i must say that it contains very useful information regarding F2A category. I also want to share my information and would like to ask some questions as i fall in this F2A category too. My PD is Aug-2012 and i received acceptance letter from USCIS. Vermont is my VC.

I have a question, if someone answer me...
                  My wife lives in USA as an LPR with my 3 months old child. I want her to come back in home country and spend some time with me as processing of F2A category visa is very lengthy and time consuming. Can she live outside USA for 11 months without any delay in our PD? Living for 11 months could create any problem with our I-130 petition?

Please reply... Thanks...
                  Should not be a problem for your wife to join you in your home country for a max 24 months. Ask your wife to get a Re-entry permit before she leaves USA. This does not affect I-130 petition.

Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by visjig View Post
                    Should not be a problem for your wife to join you in your home country for a max 24 months. Ask your wife to get a Re-entry permit before she leaves USA. This does not affect I-130 petition.

Best of luck
                    Thanks visjig for this info....

Comment

• new to this thread,

Hi i am new to this thread. My husband is a f1 student and he is in school now. I applied for his petition and got the acceptance letter? Foes anyone have any wxperience about filing within the usa? Does he have to maintain his legal status until he gets his paper?

Comment

• Originally posted by deported View Post
                        Hi i am new to this thread. My husband is a f1 student and he is in school now. I applied for his petition and got the acceptance letter? Foes anyone have any wxperience about filing within the usa? Does he have to maintain his legal status until he gets his paper?
                        Are you a US citizen or Green card holder?

What do you mean by "maintaining his legal status"? As long as his F1 visa is valid he is okay. Otherwise some issues arise.

Good luck.

Comment

• Hi,
                          We are in F2A category and the priority date is Oct 2010. My husband just got an interview date for his greend car on Feb 21st in Malaysia, but he recently just moved to US under his L1 visa. My question is if there is any way that he could have the interview in US instead of Malaysia?

Thank you so much,
                          Bee

Comment

• f2a catefpry

i am new with this thread..

i am a wife of a LPR residing in the Phil. my husband filed our petition on feb of 2012.
                            a week after he received the receipt with our PD 27Feb2012..

after so, there were no other papers or documents receive from the USCSI ..
                            it's almost a year after he filed the petition..

do we have to contact them to give us an update on our status or we have to wait when our PD is current?
                            i can see in some other forums that others complete their cases within a year and they were waiting for their PD to be current to wait for the visa interview schedule..

hope to hear something from you..

thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by gidigidi View Post
                              hello good day! My husband is a permanent resident in hawaii... and he just filed for a F2a petition last june 2012 for me and for our daughter. Last june 18 we received an
                              email that they already received our application last June 18,2012 too.. my question is how long does it take for us to wait for our approval...
                              is it after a month, or months, or years for us to wait for our approval? pls answer.. thanks
                              -- hi there.. did ur husband receive anything besides the Receipt?
                              our PD is Feb 27 2012 in the same category and our application is almost a year old but we havent receive anything yet..

hope to here from u

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by gidigidi View Post
                              hello good day! My husband is a permanent resident in hawaii... and he just filed for a F2a petition last june 2012 for me and for our daughter. Last june 18 we received an
                              email that they already received our application last June 18,2012 too.. my question is how long does it take for us to wait for our approval...
                              is it after a month, or months, or years for us to wait for our approval? pls answer.. thanks
                              -- hi there.. did ur husband receive anything besides the Receipt?
                              our PD is Feb 27 2012 in the same category and our application is almost a year old but we havent receive anything yet..

hope to here from u

Comment

• hi gidigidi

Originally posted by gidigidi View Post
                                ---hi there.. did ur husband receive anything besides the Receipt?

hope to here from u..

where u from?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X