Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling All F2A's (Spouses & Children of Permanent Residents)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by caliama View Post
    I'm a green card holder, filled for my husband. My PD date is March 22, 2010. I got the I-130 approved on Sept 13, 2010(after 5 months) ... Now I'm waiting on NVC to send me the new case number and what's the next stepts.

Is NVC going to contact my husband for "Contact of Agent" in my country or over here in US? (My husband is not in US yet.
    even i got my PD.its 21 march 2010.accd to VB cases with PD before 1 april 2010 are scheduled for interview in Oct 2010.So even we are included in that,wat do we have to do next as we have not yet submited any form?

Comment

• Originally posted by sa23 View Post
      even i got my PD.its 21 march 2010.accd to VB cases with PD before 1 april 2010 are scheduled for interview in Oct 2010.So even we are included in that,wat do we have to do next as we have not yet submited any form?
      Hi sa23,

As far as I know the VB only indicates if your PD is current for processing. When your PD becomes current as per VB then the NVC will start to send you forms and invoices. It is the NVC who after checking all your documents and evidence of financial support schedules the interview. You need to keeps your fingers crossed for the NVC to contact you. If your PD is current and you have heard nothing from NVC then call NVC and speak to them. If you are doing adjustment of status then call USCIS.

Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by visjig View Post
        Hi there. Choice of Agent form will be sent in the post to both you and your husband in the addresses specified on the I-130. So don't worry about that.

Also you can try ringing the NVC automated system and then follow the prompts to know your NVC case number.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
        DO you have the number for NVC automated system?

Comment

DO you have the number for NVC automated system?
          (001) - 603-334-0700. Listen carefully to the options. It wil ask you which language you want to hear, then it will ask your USCIS case number.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi sa23,

As far as I know the VB only indicates if your PD is current for processing. When your PD becomes current as per VB then the NVC will start to send you forms and invoices. It is the NVC who after checking all your documents and evidence of financial support schedules the interview. You need to keeps your fingers crossed for the NVC to contact you. If your PD is current and you have heard nothing from NVC then call NVC and speak to them. If you are doing adjustment of status then call USCIS.

Good luck.
            i have not yet submitted financial support papers as they have not asked me till now.They mailed my approval receipt on 13sep 2010,so should i wait for some time or contact them right away.I have not been alotted a case number so far.how long does it usually take from this step upto interview???

Comment

• Originally posted by sa23 View Post
              i have not yet submitted financial support papers as they have not asked me till now.They mailed my approval receipt on 13sep 2010,so should i wait for some time or contact them right away.I have not been alotted a case number so far.how long does it usually take from this step upto interview???
              As you must have heard everywhere - there is no time estimates. As everything depends on when NVC contacts you and what documents they require off you. If your PD is current and you've heard nothing then contact NVC and speak with em. If not then just wait for your PD to get current.

Good luck.

Comment

(001) - 603-334-0700. Listen carefully to the options. It wil ask you which language you want to hear, then it will ask your USCIS case number.

Good luck.
                I called this number today but for some reason its busy? and tonight when i called again, it says "sorry but your call cannot be completed"

Does anyone have the same problem?

Comment

• anyone here has the current PD and doing the AOS in the USA?

Comment

• Did anyone tried to call NVC number 1-603-334-0700? Does it work for you guys because for me it doesn't work for some reason.

Comment

Did anyone tried to call NVC number 1-603-334-0700? Does it work for you guys because for me it doesn't work for some reason.
                      Try calling before 7:30 AM and after 12:00 AM (Eastern Time). It works even on weekends when it is not busy. Keep your phone on redial and you'll eventually get through.

Good luck.

Comment

• i submitted ds230 last month and until now i have not receive the interview schedule? my PD is feb 2009 and its current now. i called NVC a week ago they said i month but still not receive anything from them... what should i do??

Comment

• Originally posted by froggy View Post
                          i submitted ds230 last month and until now i have not receive the interview schedule? my PD is feb 2009 and its current now. i called NVC a week ago they said i month but still not receive anything from them... what should i do??
                          Are you doing adjustment of status or consular processing?

Have you submitted your I-864?

Good luck.

Comment

• I-864,sponsor is a temporary intern abroad

Hi
                            I have 2 questions in I-864 to ask about and your comments are highly appreciated. We have problem regarding Sponsoring my husband.

I have been living with my foreign husband for the last 5-months and as a GC holder, I sent I-130 petition for him and i'm trying to fill out I-864.It's more 1 months we have received NVC letter regarding I-864.

At this time I'm doing an internship in a Company (not U.S.based but with branches in U.S.). My income from this internship has been less than $7000 for the last 5-months, and I'm going to finish this job very soon.
                            my fist question in I-864 is :

1-If i tick that i-m employed in Q22 of I-864, my foreign income for 2010 along with my husband assets abroad, can be more than 125% of poverty line. But this declaration shows clearly that I have been abroad for at least 5 months and since i'm a GC holder, this declaration makes me anxious.
                            (because maybe i repeat this scenario of staying with him in near future if i can't bring him to the U.S.)
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            I haven't changed my address in IR-11 when I came to my husband country 5 months ago (I kept a U.S.mailing address for the last 5 months)and if i declare that I'm doing an internship in the I-864 form, they can question me for not abiding the law of notifying USCIS of change of address.

2-If i tick i'm employed in I-864, in part 4 of I-864 "information on sponsor" , i'm obliged to choose that "I'm living abroad temporarily" and bringing my reasons that I missed him & i looked for an internship in his country to live with him for a while.

**** Do you suggest me to choose "employed" & "live abroad temporarily" & write down $7000
                            (In another way,Does NVC look for petitioner sponsors that have a job (income) currently in U.S. and
                            not the income that are temporarily and abroad?)
                            **** *or choose "unemployed" & mentioning that my country of domicile is U.S. (and not talk about living abroad temporarily)

sorry for long descriptions,I hope the questions and answers help others as well.

Comment

Good luck.
                              Im doing it on the consular.. Yes i have submitted the AOS.

Comment

Good luck.
                                Consular processing and i submitted tha aos. 2 mos ago...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X