Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is changing address with only NVC sufficient?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is changing address with only NVC sufficient?

Background:

I am a petitioner (sponsorer), and got I-130 approved from USCIS. I live in the USA while beneficiary lives abroad.

I filed I-864 with NVC. Beneficiary submitted DS-260 form and waiting for interview (does not have a date yet).

Question:

If I move to a new address within the USA, while application still pending with NVC, who and how to update about my change of address? Also, when to do it?

USCIS webpage says to submit I-865 within 30 days of moving, while NVC webpage says simply submit this information via online public query form.

My dilemma is, if the application is pending with NVC, am I required to I inform USCIS by submitting I-865? Also, if I-865 is even required for NVC?

Please provide official reference to your response for being absolutely sure. Thanks you in advance.

Would you mind telling me how long took for your I130 to be approved? I know the USA site mentioned 7 to 15 months for the whole process...But I have some doubts...I am applying from Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by katileia View Post
      Would you mind telling me how long took for your I130 to be approved? I know the USA site mentioned 7 to 15 months for the whole process...But I have some doubts...I am applying from Canada.
      It took me exactly 7 months to get approval from USCIS. Then, USCIS took 1 month to transfer my petition to NVC. Then, NVC took 1 month to notify me to submit affidavit of support and supporting documents. All together it took 9 months.

Within a week, I uploaded my documents electronically to the site NVC provided. Since then, it has been exactly 1 month + 1 week waiting.

I checked on travel.state.gov webpage that it might take another month for NVC to start reviewing my documents before they forward it to US consulate abroad.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X