Removal of conditions - stalled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of conditions - stalled?

I sent in my i-751 in december and the immigration website showed it as being received, I went to have my biometrics done in late January, however, the website has not updated my status. It still says "received form i-751 and sent you receipt notice that describes how we will process your case."
    Is this correct? Should I be concerned that they haven't updated?

From what I remember, there are actually two receipt numbers, one for "I751" and one for "CRI89". You should see both receipt numbers on your biometrics notice. From what I remember, only the CRI89 receipt number works in the online status, not the I-751 receipt number.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I just wanted to know some information.
        I am a green card holder of usa. My conditional green card ( marriage base) is going to expire in 21 may 2020.

On 21 feb 2020, i applied for 10 years green card and i got receipt also.

On 13 feb 2020, i reached India and my return date was 30 March 2020, due to covid-19 all international flights are cancelled.

As flights are not working now a days, just wanted to know the process of traveling to usa with expire green card.

As per news flights will be working after may or may be june . So can i travel with expire green card?

Comment

Originally posted by Neetgill View Post
          I just wanted to know some information.
          I am a green card holder of usa. My conditional green card ( marriage base) is going to expire in 21 may 2020.

On 21 feb 2020, i applied for 10 years green card and i got receipt also.

On 13 feb 2020, i reached India and my return date was 30 March 2020, due to covid-19 all international flights are cancelled.

As flights are not working now a days, just wanted to know the process of traveling to usa with expire green card.

As per news flights will be working after may or may be june . So can i travel with expire green card?
          Please start a new thread for new questions. Your I-751 receipt doubles as an 18-month extension letter. So that receipt in combination with the expired green card together work like a valid green card until Nov 2021 (18 months after your green card's expiration) for all US government purposes.

Comment

I only got NOA . With this NOA & expire green card , can i enter to usa???

Comment

Originally posted by Neetgill View Post
              I only got NOA . With this NOA & expire green card , can i enter to usa???
              If it's the I-751 receipt, then it should say on it that it serves as an extension letter for 18 months. If so, then yes, that letter plus the expired green card allows you to enter the US, as well do anything else you can do with a green card.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
                From what I remember, there are actually two receipt numbers, one for "I751" and one for "CRI89". You should see both receipt numbers on your biometrics notice. From what I remember, only the CRI89 receipt number works in the online status, not the I-751 receipt number.
                So I cant find the CR189 on my receipt, is there somewhere else I can look for it?

Comment

I applied for conditions to be removed in OCT 2018 with the Texas service center. And only today I was approved with no interview,
                  I think you have a long wait ahead of you my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brit View Post
                    I applied for conditions to be removed in OCT 2018 with the Texas service center. And only today I was approved with no interview,
                    I think you have a long wait ahead of you my friend.
                    Aw hell!

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLuiz1980 View Post

So I cant find the CR189 on my receipt, is there somewhere else I can look for it?
                      Did you look on your biometrics notice?

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post

Did you look on your biometrics notice?
                        Yeah. No luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X