Form i-944 Part 3; Item number 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form i-944 Part 3; Item number 9

Clarification on - Part 3 : Your Household’s Assets and Resources: Item Number 9. Assets( which can be converted into cash within 12 months)

Do we have to declare all our assets? i.e., If I have a sufficient asset under my name, do i still have to declare assets of other members of my household?

That's a good question about the I-944 and the USCIS instructions aren't clear on it. From what I've seen before (comparing the I-864 and I-134), I believe you only have to put all assets that you want to include as part of your "assets" for income. For those who need to "make up the difference" between the income and minimum poverty limits, they include the ones they want. For your case, if you already have enough income, then you won't have to go out of your way to list all assets. Assumption, of course, as the USCIS instructions aren't clear. And this is a relatively new form, so people don't have much feedback or experience.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you PKumar for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by rahul205u.edu View Post
        Thank you PKumar for the feedback.
        Hi rahul,

I am applying green card for my parents. Are you applying for your parents or other members of the family.
        If you are applying for parents ? i have couple of questions.
        Thanks
        Ravi Menta

Comment

hi Ravi,
          No, I am not applying for parents. Luckily, we applied & received GC last year so didn't had to fill this i-944.

Comment

thanks rahul205u.edu for taking time and answering my question

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X