Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me with I-864 for wife’s parents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me with I-864 for wife’s parents.

I need help with a few I-864 affidavit of support questions.
    My wife is sponsoring her parents and we just got the email for her mom (not dad yet) to start the next step which is “pay fees”, then the affidavit of support for to be filled. I paid the fee for it yesterday so waiting now to be able to fill it out.
    Question 1: My wife doesn’t work, I do, therefore I will have to be the one doing the affidavit. Which exact form do I need?
    Question 2: Is it ok that she doesn’t work even though do DO make enough to sponsor the parents via I-864.
    Question 3: Does my wife have to fill one as well even though she doesn’t work?
    Question 4: Do I have to fill 2 of them, one for mother and one for father?
    And last question: How come her mom’s is available already and not her father’s even though USCIS put them together in the same file when I log into the USCIS site?

Thank you everyone who will help!

1. Your wife, the petitioner, files I-864, and I-864A as her "household member" so your income can be counted in her household income
    2. It is okay
    3. Yes
    4. 2 of them, since they are petitioned on two separate I-130 petitions. Your wife files two I-864s, one for each parent, and you file two I-864As, one for each of her I-864s.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X