Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form I-864 ?

Hello All,

So my wife's parents case is in processing and i have a question.

Since my wife cannot meet the 125% poverty threshold and she will use my income so on Part 5 section 7 i will put 1 and then I have to fill out form I-864a correct? Also for Part 6 section 24.a is it both my wife and my adjusted gross income combine?

Thank you.

Originally posted by Theoyen View Post
    Hello All,

So my wife's parents case is in processing and i have a question.

Since my wife cannot meet the 125% poverty threshold and she will use my income so on Part 5 section 7 i will put 1
    No, you are already counted as your wife's spouse in Part 5 #3. Do not count anyone twice.

and then I have to fill out form I-864a correct?
    correct

Also for Part 6 section 24.a is it both my wife and my adjusted gross income combine?
    It is the exact number from the "total income" line on your wife's tax returns from the last 3 years, no matter how she filed. If she filed as single or married filing separately it will only reflect her income; if she filed jointly it will reflect a joint income. Put the exact number from that line on her tax return and do not change it.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

It is the exact number from the "total income" line on your wife's tax returns from the last 3 years, no matter how she filed. If she filed as single or married filing separately it will only reflect her income; if she filed jointly it will reflect a joint income. Put the exact number from that line on her tax return and do not change it.

So Part 6 section 24.a is the adjusted income from your tax return and this number will not match section 6 Part 20 annual household income right since that line is gross income from your W-2 before deducting health insurance fica, social, etc?

Also while i'm at it, form I-864a Part 5 sponsor's promise indicate a number (does this mean my wife is putting #2 since she is sponsoring her parents our put 1 for each separate I-864a that I have to fill out (one for her mom and one for her dad). Sorry to be so confusing but i think i you know what i'm talking about.
      So i guess is do i fill out two I864a or just one I864a for my wife's mom and dad?

you are the man for answering these tough questions.
      Last edited by Theoyen; 06-16-2020, 05:52 PM.

Comment

So Part 6 section 24.a is the adjusted income from your tax return and this number will not match section 6 Part 20 annual household income right since that line is gross income from your W-2 before deducting health insurance fica, social, etc?
        They do not have to match, not only because of pre-tax deductions, but also because it might be a joint return, or it reflects past years' income which is not the same as the income you have right now.

Also while i'm at it, form I-864a Part 5 sponsor's promise indicate a number (does this mean my wife is putting #2 since she is sponsoring her parents our put 1 for each separate I-864a that I have to fill out (one for her mom and one for her dad). Sorry to be so confusing but i think i you know what i'm talking about.
        So i guess is do i fill out two I864a or just one I864a for my wife's mom and dad?
        There are two I-864s (one for each I-130), and two I-864As (one for each I-864). On all the I-864s and I-864As, the number of sponsored immigrants is 1.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

You ROCK buddy! I think i got it now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X