Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden change in i-130 Processing times for Potomac Center

Hello All

I got married to my wife (a US citizen) in November 2019. I live in the Netherlands. she filled the i-130 petition for me in the first week of January 2020 and got the receipt number and confirmation on 10th January 2020. After the submission of petition, I didn't travel to the US to meet her because I read at many forums that i could be denied entry in the US on a visit visa if there is a pending green card petition for me. My wife kept traveling to the Netherlands but since the end of Feb 2020, even she hasn't been able to travel due to covid19 restrictions.

I have been closely following the USCIS website and processing times for the Potomac service center. Until last week it was showing 7 to 9 months for i-130 and today I was shocked to see that it is between 32.5 to 42.5 months. Does it mean that i have to wait for a minimum of 32.5 months to get the approval and to meet my wife?

Thank you for your comments and guidance.

Haider

The 32.5 months would be the time it takes to process 50% of the applications. I'm curious about that as it seems out of line with other processing centers.
    Last edited by longee94; 06-17-2020, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Thank you. It also shows receipt date of 2016 now.

Comment

Yes it is out of line with other processing centers but the times have been changed for all service centers I think. Even the receipt date which was previously inquiry date which was previously sep 2019 now shoes dec 2016.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X