Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3 category one member of family doesn't want proceed in the process

Hi guys,

I would want some clarification about some issue. To explain a bit, my mothers parent issued an F3 category petition for my mother and us to get a Green Card. Some years passed and now came the time for us to proceed with the steps of paying the fees, getting the documentation ready and have an interview. The problem is that one member of the family (my father) doesn't want to proceed, and that brings me to my question. I wanted to know if we (my mother and her children) can continue to proceed with the process without my father?

Originally posted by Asllan Ramadan View Post
    Hi guys,

I would want some clarification about some issue. To explain a bit, my mothers parent issued an F3 category petition for my mother and us to get a Green Card. Some years passed and now came the time for us to proceed with the steps of paying the fees, getting the documentation ready and have an interview. The problem is that one member of the family (my father) doesn't want to proceed, and that brings me to my question. I wanted to know if we (my mother and her children) can continue to proceed with the process without my father?
    of course, is your mom divorce? or your father just not interested? even if your father decide to join later ( within 6 months of your mom getting it), he can still do so. By the way, are you 21 or younger? You have to understand the Forms will always ask about marital status and whether or not the spouse will joint.
    05/08/20: I-485, I-765, I-131, I-944 sent to USCIS
    05/13 Rejected due to lack of I-864
    05/27 resubmitted with explanation
    06/03 Rejected again-same reason
    06/13 Resubmitted with I-864
    07/07 Lockbox emailed back and ask to resubmit
    07/09 Filings accepted with PD 05/08/20 (nice)
    08/06 Prior biometrics applied to I485
    08/28 Took biometrics for I-765 only
    09/28 I-765's Cards Ordered
    10/02 EAD/AP received
    04/12 Interview Sched
    05/11 Interview done approval on the spot but no USCIS update online

Comment

Originally posted by Tibwa View Post

of course, is your mom divorce? or your father just not interested? even if your father decide to join later ( within 6 months of your mom getting it), he can still do so. By the way, are you 21 or younger? You have to understand the Forms will always ask about marital status and whether or not the spouse will joint.
      First of all thanks for your reply. To answer your questions, my mother and father are still married but my father is just not interested in joining us. So I wanted to know if, him not wanting to proceed with the process of acquiring a Green Card and not coming with us, will hinder our process in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by Asllan Ramadan View Post

First of all thanks for your reply. To answer your questions, my mother and father are still married but my father is just not interested in joining us. So I wanted to know if, him not wanting to proceed with the process of acquiring a Green Card and not coming with us, will hinder our process in any way?
        I meant to say "OF COURSE NOT". However, if he does not join within the next 6 months after your mom makes it to the US, and later want to join your mom, she will have to apply for him which can take years.
        05/08/20: I-485, I-765, I-131, I-944 sent to USCIS
        05/13 Rejected due to lack of I-864
        05/27 resubmitted with explanation
        06/03 Rejected again-same reason
        06/13 Resubmitted with I-864
        07/07 Lockbox emailed back and ask to resubmit
        07/09 Filings accepted with PD 05/08/20 (nice)
        08/06 Prior biometrics applied to I485
        08/28 Took biometrics for I-765 only
        09/28 I-765's Cards Ordered
        10/02 EAD/AP received
        04/12 Interview Sched
        05/11 Interview done approval on the spot but no USCIS update online

Comment

I meant to say "OF COURSE NOT". However, if he does not join within the next 6 months after your mom makes it to the US, and later want to join your mom, she will have to apply for him which can take years.
          She does not need to petition him even if he wants to join after 6 months. There is no time limit to follow to join as a derivative beneficiary, as long as she remains a permanent resident.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X