US citizen Parent filing Vs sibling filing for Family based green card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US citizen Parent filing Vs sibling filing for Family based green card

Is is it better for Us citizen Parent to file for their married child compared to filing by Us citizen sibling ?
    only thing is parent have no income and is it possible for joint sponsor (sibling )to file I864 A alone as the principal sponsor has no income.
    Thanks for reading,hope to get some feedback soon.

Parents file for married children called F3. Siblings file brothers and sisters called F4, This is pretty much the last category. Check the Visa bulletin to know the difference and which group is advancing faster than other.
    05/08/20: I-485, I-765, I-131, I-944 sent to USCIS
    05/13 Rejected due to lack of I-864
    05/27 resubmitted with explanation
    06/03 Rejected again-same reason
    06/13 Resubmitted with I-864
    07/07 Lockbox emailed back and ask to resubmit
    07/09 Filings accepted with PD 05/08/20 (nice)
    08/06 Prior biometrics applied to I485
    08/28 Took biometrics for I-765 only
    09/28 I-765's Cards Ordered
    10/02 EAD/AP received
    04/12 Interview Sched
    05/11 Interview done approval on the spot but no USCIS update online

Comment

They can both file petitions if you want to be safe, and you can immigrate on whichever becomes available first.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the inputs.I checked visa bulletin and the F3 category is faster but the question is as the parent has no income is it ok to have I 864A(joint sponsor)only as I864 by the parent is going to show 0 income,please help

Comment

Originally posted by san2009 View Post
          Thanks for the inputs.I checked visa bulletin and the F3 category is faster but the question is as the parent has no income is it ok to have I 864A(joint sponsor)only as I864 by the parent is going to show 0 income,please help
          I-864 is only needed at the Consular Processing stage more than a decade later. Worry about it then. I-864A is for "household member" of sponsor. A "joint sponsor" would file a second I-864. If there is a joint sponsor, it is okay for the petitioner to have 0 income.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your valuable response.I thought I needed AOS (I 864)while petitioning ,so parent can just file I 130 only at this time and then wait for it to be available.Is that the only form needed at this point.Can they apply for visitors visa while this is in progress.
            Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X