Non Availability of Birth Certificate for Mother for Green Card Filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Availability of Birth Certificate for Mother for Green Card Filing

I am a US citizen applying for my mother's green card. Unfortunately, she does not have her birth certificate. I do have her CBSE Higher Secondary certificate and her college graduation certificates that shows her DOB. She is 75+ years old and don't have anyone older than her who can provide Affidavit in lieu of birth certificates. All the relatives, friends, neighbors who could have signed the birth affidavit have passed away. We tried getting NABC from local municipal departments, but they have refused to issue any such letter. What should I do in this case? Just the CBSE Higher Secondary certificate and college graduation certificates that shows her DOB would that be enough or would I need any other supplemental documents in lieu of birth certificates?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by gsai78 View Post
    I am a US citizen applying for my mother's green card. Unfortunately, she does not have her birth certificate. I do have her CBSE Higher Secondary certificate and her college graduation certificates that shows her DOB. She is 75+ years old and don't have anyone older than her who can provide Affidavit in lieu of birth certificates. All the relatives, friends, neighbors who could have signed the birth affidavit have passed away. We tried getting NABC from local municipal departments, but they have refused to issue any such letter. What should I do in this case? Just the CBSE Higher Secondary certificate and college graduation certificates that shows her DOB would that be enough or would I need any other supplemental documents in lieu of birth certificates?

Thanks
    Hi gsai78,

Can you please share your experience? How did your case proceed?

Thanks.

Comment

According to my knowledge, the SSC is OK for those born in India before 1970.

Comment

Originally posted by gsai78 View Post

Thanks
        Hi, I hope this message finds you well. I was wondering what happened to your Mother's green card process. I was hoping to start the same for my parents-in-law and was hoping to get some advice. They also don't have their birth certificate and marriage certificate. In this case, what are our options? Both are born in the 1950s. Thanks and Regards, Shrinivas

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X