No announcement yet.

Visiting US while GC process in works??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting US while GC process in works??

I have filled i130 for both my parents in early 2019 and because of various documents that we needed to obtain for it, the processing is still on! Now all the documents have been received and acknowledged by USCIS. Though, nothing has been received by us regarding medical exams or about visiting consulate in Mumbai.

My question is, if my parents visit US at this stage, can we complete the rest of the process in US, or will they have to return to India for medical and consulate visit?

Thank you for any guidance in this matter!

Thanks for asking this question, I am in the same situation as you are. Will be good to see responses.

Comment

Can any one help? Thank you!

Comment

From what I know, yes, you should be able to switch from consular processing to adjustment of status. Please search 'switching from consular processing to adjustment of status' for more detailed information.

Comment

Originally posted by sur007007 View Post
          From what I know, yes, you should be able to switch from consular processing to adjustment of status. Please search 'switching from consular processing to adjustment of status' for more detailed information.
          They cannot enter the US under the B2 status with intent to complete the immigration process by switching to AOS.

In fact, if they decide to visit, they will need very strong evidence that they will return to India to complete the process. Otherwise they may be denied entry.
          Canadian on F-1 married to USC (SSM)
          Field office: Manhattan/NYC

09/21/2019: Delivered to Chicago
          09/25/2019: Fees charged
          09/30/2019: Case received
          10/04/2019: Biometrics appt received
          10/15/2019: Fingerprints taken
          10/16/2019: Fingerprint review complete
          11/14/2019: Ready to be scheduled

Comment

Ok, is it a possibility to cancel the existing application in India and restart the process after moving them to US?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebee View Post
              Ok, is it a possibility to cancel the existing application in India and restart the process after moving them to US?
              How would they enter the US?

If they enter using any non-immigrant visa with the intent to immigrate, that constitutes immigration fraud.
              Canadian on F-1 married to USC (SSM)
              Field office: Manhattan/NYC

09/21/2019: Delivered to Chicago
              09/25/2019: Fees charged
              09/30/2019: Case received
              10/04/2019: Biometrics appt received
              10/15/2019: Fingerprints taken
              10/16/2019: Fingerprint review complete
              11/14/2019: Ready to be scheduled

Comment

Ok, thanks much for al the responses and insights! They finally received notification of consulate visit, although it was quickly canceled because of the rise in COVID cases in Mumbai, but atleast there is hope!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X