No announcement yet.

Applying for Green Card for spouse and parents while working/living in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for Green Card for spouse and parents while working/living in India

Hello all,

Wish you a happy and safe New Year!

I plan to apply for Green Cards for my spouse and parents shortly. I'm a naturalized US citizen currently working and living in India - wife and parents are Indian citizens. My wife has a US SSN from her time working in the US and a B1 visa valid till ~2025 (we both work for US MNCs). My parents' B1 (tourist) visas expired a couple of years ago. Our child is a US citizen via the CRBA process.

We are all planning to relocate to the US in late 2021/early 2022. My wife and I have been regularly filing/paying US taxes (married filing jointly) and visited the US multiple times for work/leisure in recent years. From what I read, I can start the Green Card process while still living in India but I have to demonstrate a solid intent to relocate to the US. I can show proof of my efforts to find US jobs and if needed, enroll the child in a US school.

Since this a somewhat special case, I greatly appreciate advice from the community on the process itself, things to get right and pay attention to, and expected processing timelines/issues. Please also advise how GC applications for senior citizen parents (70+) will be viewed.

I also understand that the Adjustment of Status process is an alternative - is that an option, at least for the spouse?

Thanks in advance!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X