Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affidavit of support - which form to use ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of support - which form to use ?

Hello

I am a US Citizen planning to sponsor my mother’s green card immigration application. Her I-i130 is approved and I am working on her NVC application. I am trying to figure out which of the financial sponsorship forms (i864, i864a, i864ez) are applicable in our case. Here are the particulars:

1. We are a household of three currently (myself, my spouse and my 2 yo child)
    2. My annual income is 90K USD. My spouses’ annual income is 118K USD.
    3. We file our taxes joint
    4. My mother (intended immigrant) is a widowed housewife
    5. I have also petitioned for my sibling (18 yo) green card but as he is not in the immediate category, his petition has not been approved yet. However in the future I plan to sponsor for him as well.
    6. I only listed myself as the sponsor on my mother’s i-130 and my income alone I believe is 125% above the poverty guidelines. However if need be, my spouse is willing to file i864a.

Which form is the most suited to our case? Also will any of this be impacted by the public charge rule? I am willing and able to take complete financial responsibility for my mother.

Please advise and thank you for your time in advance.

You just file I-864. If your own income is enough, you don't need to count your spouse's income and your spouse doesn't need to file I-864A.

Immigrant visa applicants are not required to file the DS-5540 public charge form right now, but that may change.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Greeshma1206
      Fid you submit any documents along with I-130 apart from you birth certificate? I ma wondering if any documents for parents have to be submitted. Appreciate your reply.

​​​​​​​padma

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X