Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for evidence for i-130

Hello everyone,

i applied for my father in Dec ( who lives in india ). Got letter says FATHER'S PATERNITY AND LEGITIMATION. they're asking for my parents marriage certificate.

my parents got married in 1978 according to hindu ritual but not registered. my mother is deceased so their is no way we can get it.

any help will be appricated !!!

Can you get a certificate of non availability?

You should also consider sending documents like your school and health records that have his name listed as your father, and other family documents that show his connection/marriage to your mother.

They may ask for a DNA test, I know that's possible but don't know how common it is.
    2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
    4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
    4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
    4/19: Request to expedite EAD
    5/11: Received EAD
    6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
    8/09: Advance Parole approved
    8/29: Scheduled for Interview
    10/11: Interview
    10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
    10/16: Sent new G28
    10/19: Approved!

Comment

Originally posted by bond1979 View Post
      Hello everyone,

i applied for my father in Dec ( who lives in india ). Got letter says FATHER'S PATERNITY AND LEGITIMATION. they're asking for my parents marriage certificate.

my parents got married in 1978 according to hindu ritual but not registered. my mother is deceased so their is no way we can get it.

Hello,

What did you end up doing. We also do not have the marriage certificate for my parents and i am searching online what is the best option in this case but i am unable to find a proper response. I am planning to ask my mother's brother to provide a affidavit in lieu of marriage certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by bond1979 View Post
        Hello everyone,

Hello,

What did you end up doing. We are in similar situation, please help

thanks in advance for taking time out. I really appreciate it.

Best,
        getitdone

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X