Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting for Interview (F4) at Mumbai, Will they extend CSPA for Covid backlogs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for Interview (F4) at Mumbai, Will they extend CSPA for Covid backlogs.

Hi,

My Visa category: F4
    My Birthdate: 24-Oct-1996
    Priority Date: 10 June, 2005
    Approval Date: 15 Dec, 2009
    Embassy: Mumbai Consulate
    My age: 24 years 7 months (as of today - 28 May, 2021)

My aunt filled F4 visa for my father (61), me (24) and my mother(53).

My paperwork is completed since a while and got an email from NVC, saying they will notify us whenever they book an appointment, but due to rising covid concerns, Mumbai Consulate is only taking emergency and priority applications.

For my case, My CSPA Calculated Age is under 21 years ---- upto Apr, 2022.

I don't think, NVC will schedule my application for an Interview any time soon --- upto Apr 2022, considering current closure of offices, Covid concerns and Old cases Backlogs.
    In this case, I will be aged out after Apr, 2022.

What should I do to avoid getting aged out ?, Is there any ways/provisions ?

Thanks, Awaiting for a help.

Hi Divyesh,
    My case is similar to yours, with CSPA age 19. My priority date is March 25, 2005 and I was documentarily qualified in Jan 29, 2020. We are still awaiting for the interview. However, the good news is that the Mumbai consulate is resuming Immigrant visas, on the basis of the tier system, starting June 7, 2021. Also, as per my knowledge (on reading multiple articles and experiences) the CSPA age freezes once the priority date becomes current. That is, once your priority date is current, your CSPA age will remain what it is at the time of the date being current.

Comment

Originally posted by prachi_modi View Post
      Hi Divyesh,
      My case is similar to yours, with CSPA age 19. My priority date is March 25, 2005 and I was documentarily qualified in Jan 29, 2020. We are still awaiting for the interview. However, the good news is that the Mumbai consulate is resuming Immigrant visas, on the basis of the tier system, starting June 7, 2021. Also, as per my knowledge (on reading multiple articles and experiences) the CSPA age freezes once the priority date becomes current. That is, once your priority date is current, your CSPA age will remain what it is at the time of the date being current.
      Thanks Prachi,
      That was very informative and satisfactory answer.
      I hope they freeze CSPA age.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Divyesh,
        hi prachi my case is also f4 and i am documentarily qualified and my priority date is 29sep 2005 when can i expect interview

Comment

Hi My documents have been approved on march 30th 2021, waiting for interview call/ mail. Have you got yours

Comment

Hi Divyesh,
            Hi Prachi, Did you get any further information about the interview call?

Comment

Hi,

Does anyone knows which DQ date or priority date interviews are being scheduled for the F4 visa category in Mumbai consulate?

Comment

Originally posted by lakshayd View Post
                Hi,

Does anyone knows which DQ date or priority date interviews are being scheduled for the F4 visa category in Mumbai consulate?
                Yes, Currently as of today's Date, I think they are sending ILs to People with DQ date Jan 2020

Comment

Hi, Does anyone know which DQ dates are getting Interview letters right now? My DQ date is in June 2020. Still waiting.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X