Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I130 for mother (father passed away)

Hello,

I am filing a I130 form for my mother. My father has passed away. My mother is widowed and has not remarried.

1- What should I enter in "information about your parents" for my father who has passed away. Do I need to enter the information about the last place he resided for city of residence and country of residence?

2- Do I need to include additional explanation in part 9 and explain that my father has passed away?

3- I selected "widowed" in "Beneficiary marital status" section for my mother. Since my mother currently does not have a spouse, should I leave place of current marriage (20.a to 20.d) and Name of beneficiary's spouse 1 (21.a-22) empty?

4- Should I enter my father's information (who has passed way) in spouse 2 section (23.a-24) of "Beneficiary marital status" section.

4- My mother visited US long time ago and the passport she used to enter is already expired. Do I enter her current passport number or the expired one's number (the one she used to enter US) in section "Beneficiary's entry information"?

5- My birth certificate only includes my mother's first name (no last name) and her birth certificate number. Do I need to include my mother's birth certificate in I130 application as precaution so the uscis officer can cross reference her name and her birth certificate number with mine (her birth certificate includes my first name too)?

Thanks a lot!

1. For place of residence for your father you should just put "(Deceased)"
    2. no
    3, 4. Part 4 #20a-d should be empty. Spouse 1 (Part 4 #21-22) should be your father, the most recent spouse.
    4. Enter her current passport's number if she currently has a passport; otherwise write "(none)"
    5. I'm not sure about this

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I filed I-130 in the same category 2 weeks back. For point-3

Part 4 - I entered in Spouse 2 because spouse 1 is current marriage. for marital status i put as widowed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X