Filed I-130 for wife, service center changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filed I-130 for wife, service center changed

Hi. I am a US Citizen and I recently got married on December 11, 2020 in Bangladesh. I came back to the US and filed for I-130 for my wife on February 10, 2021 online. I received in mail that USCIS received my application and it is in Nebraska service center. Since Nebraska service center processing time is 2-7 months, I was fine with it. But last month when I called USCIS, they said the file got transferred to Potomac service center. Potomac service center shows processing time is 13-17 months. But I never received a mail that says the file got transferred and I checked my USCIS account online, and it still has the original document that says file is in Nebraska service center.

I thought I could file for I-129F but my lawyer says it is only possible if I met my wife in the last 24 months before marriage or else I cannot file it.

My wife is emotionally suffering because of not being able to be with me. She is planning on going to a psychologist for treatment. Currently she is living in her parents house. Is there something or some form I can fill out to bring her here?

Thanks you.

afaik, there is no restriction for I-129F (K -visa)
    However, you are already married and filled for I-130, so concurrent filing may be an issue, cause you are trying to overcome I-130 process. However, since you are US Citizen, your visa IR1 (CR1) is number one in priority. You should receive visa faster than anyone else. No other categories can receive it ahead of you
    My wife is also stressed, she is under lower category and has to wait even longer

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X