Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigrant Visa Interview Appointment email from NVC

Looking for some help...
    Got email from from National_Visa_Center ....
    "The National Visa Center has completed its processing of this case and any further inquiries should be addressed to the U.S. Embassy, Consulate General, or Diplomatic Mission listed below. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate General by e-mail, letter, or fax, always refer to your name and case number exactly as they appear.

Immigrant Visa Interview Details:
    " with Interview Location: MUMBAI, INDIA.
    Interview Date/Time: xxxxxx

Question
    Not clear if this date is for GC interview or biometric?

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    Question: Not clear if this date is for GC interview or biometric?
    Answer: I hope this is Interview call letter. You will need to separately register for Biometrics.

Please see below Info from U.S. Consulate General Mumbai, India

Once you receive your appointment letter, you must register online at , select your visa pick-up location, and schedule an appointment for your photograph and fingerprints to be taken at one of our Visa Application Centers in India.

Failure to schedule and complete your biometrics appointment at a Visa Application Center will result in the cancellation of your consulate visa interview.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Last edited by ceci1073; 10-14-2021, 09:19 AM. Reason: link

Comment

Originally posted by runin2us
      kumar_ir5 congratulations on IV!! Please can your share your DQ date? As far as I have heard you have to schedule your biometric, medical separately.

Please tell us your exact DQ date for our benefit. Thanks!
      Not sure exactly what DQ is but here are the dates from documents:
      PRIORITY DATE: 13-NOV-2018
      Final documents are accepted : 07-Feb-2020
      I'll be happy to share if it means any other dates

Comment

Originally posted by rkk09 View Post
        Hi,
        Please see my response below.
        Question: Not clear if this date is for GC interview or biometric?
        Answer: I hope this is Interview call letter. You will need to separately register for Biometrics.

Please see below Info from U.S. Consulate General Mumbai, India

Once you receive your appointment letter, you must register online at , select your visa pick-up location, and schedule an appointment for your photograph and fingerprints to be taken at one of our Visa Application Centers in India.

Failure to schedule and complete your biometrics appointment at a Visa Application Center will result in the cancellation of your consulate visa interview.

Hope this helps.
        Thanks
        Thanks rkk09 for reply. 1) When I went through that link, I'm seeing date post interview call which means biometrics won't be ready by interview date, wondering should I request for reschedule interview date. 2) Appointment location(for biometric) shows Mumbai, my parents are in Hyderabad, looking if there is any nearby in Hyderabad or they have to travel to Mumbai for biometric.
        Last edited by ceci1073; 10-14-2021, 09:19 AM. Reason: link

Comment

Hi,
          Here is my response.
          1) When I went through that link, I'm seeing date post interview call which means biometrics won't be ready by interview date, wondering should I request for reschedule interview date.
          Answer: You can. But, Please have a discussion with customer support then proceed ahead.
          2) Appointment location(for biometric) shows Mumbai, my parents are in Hyderabad, looking if there is any nearby in Hyderabad or they have to travel to Mumbai for biometric.
          Answer: Its upto you. If you get slot any other location, you may prefer. If not, you must travel and accomplish the process.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rkk09 View Post
            Hi,
            Here is my response.
            1) When I went through that link, I'm seeing date post interview call which means biometrics won't be ready by interview date, wondering should I request for reschedule interview date.
            Answer: You can. But, Please have a discussion with customer support then proceed ahead.
            2) Appointment location(for biometric) shows Mumbai, my parents are in Hyderabad, looking if there is any nearby in Hyderabad or they have to travel to Mumbai for biometric.
            Answer: Its upto you. If you get slot any other location, you may prefer. If not, you must travel and accomplish the process.
            Thanks
            Thank you @rkk09

Comment

Originally posted by runin2us
              kumar_ir5 DQ is "documentarily qualified" that is the date your DS-260 paperwork was accepted as complete by NVC. You must have received an email which stated this. Is this date Feb 07 2020? Also is this a fresh interview letter, or reschedule from previous cancellation?

Good luck with interview!
              I got initial email after submission of DS-260 around Nov, 2019 but they asked me to submit some additional docs(back and forth) but in Feb 2020 I notice all additional documents are accepted. This interview is fresh/first time letter...Thanks runin2us

Comment

kumar_ir5 Thank you for sharing! And you received this interview call this week?

Comment

kumar_ir5 could you please share your visa category?

Comment

Originally posted by runin2us View Post
                    kumar_ir5 Thank you for sharing! And you received this interview call this week?
                    Yes

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      kumar_ir5 could you please share your visa category?
                      IR5-Parent of US Citizen

Comment

Kumar, Could you let us know your IV date? It will help get an idea where things stand with the rest of us. My IR5 became DQ in late July 2020.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X