Sponsorship for in-laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsorship for in-laws

so my wife sponsored her parents. their applications has been approved and sent to nvc. she is a housewife though. should I add myself as a joint sponsor or our joint accounts enough to show that she can sponsor them here?

You should act as your wife's household member by filling out I-864A. That way, your income can be counted as part of your wife's household income on her I-864. (She will fill out two I-864s, one for each parent, and you will fill out two I-864As, one for each of her I-864s). You do not need to act as a "joint sponsor" (who would fill out a second I-864).

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

so joint sponsor is someone who doesn't live with my wife I guess? btw do I need to submit these forms online or just give in-laws a signed copy? also do we need to present robinhood account statements, etc.? appreciate the help. thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by AutisticManChild View Post
        so joint sponsor is someone who doesn't live with my wife I guess? btw do I need to submit these forms online or just give in-laws a signed copy? also do we need to present robinhood account statements, etc.? appreciate the help. thank you.
        Well a joint sponsor is someone who fills out a separate I-864, with separate household income (not combined with the petitioner's household income, since they are separate households). I mean, technically, you could be a joint sponsor, by filling out a second I-864, but that would be kind of silly since your household is the exact same as the petitioner's (i.e. your wife's) household. Both you and your wife would still need to be counted in the household size, and both of your incomes are eligible to be counted in your household income. This is the exact same as your wife's household size and household income on her I-864 if you fill out I-864A.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Filling out i864 and i864a. For some spaces, I don't have enough space. For example, some names are longer than space provided. Some addresses are longer too. It is the 'in care of name' fields that need more space. Should I just shorten the names for those fields?

btw do we need to send the signed, original I864 and i864A to in-laws so they can take it for interview or just scanned copies are enough?
          Last edited by AutisticManChild; 11-25-2021, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Why don't you try to ask for some legal advice for that the expertise is related to this issue!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X