Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birth Certificate document for Green Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Certificate document for Green Card?

I want to sponsor Green Card for my father and he does not have a birth certificate. He has never gotten a birth certificate made before. What is the alternative to get the birth certificate made, that is acceptable to apply for a green card?

I used school leaving certificate as alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateChip View Post
      I want to sponsor Green Card for my father and he does not have a birth certificate. He has never gotten a birth certificate made before. What is the alternative to get the birth certificate made, that is acceptable to apply for a green card?
      Hi Member,
      Regarding Birth certificate requirements, we have posted lot of answers. And you can find more information in the immihelp website too. I just sharing some of the information for your attention.

If applicant does not have birth certificate then there is alternate options too.
      here is alternate options .
      1. Affidavits from the people who can attest they have firsthand knowledge of the birth. Please make sure to have two different affidavit from two different person.
      2. Certificate of unavailability. This you can get from the local recordkeeping body or official office where the applicant was born actually.
      And also please consider secondary evidence.
      1. Medical or hospital records
      2. Certificate from the religious institutions
      3. Any Government records shows the birth date and confirming the citizenship
      4. Financial documents such as tax documents or Bank related documents
      5. Employment documents
      6. Educational documents such as mark statements, Transfer certificates.

As per USCIS guidelines,
      A copy of the applicant’s foreign birth certificate or sufficient secondary evidence of birth must be submitted to establish the applicant’s country of citizenship for visa chargeability, identity, and existence of derivative relationships.

Therefore, If birth certificate is not available then you will have alternate options to move forward.
      All the best.
      Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X