Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I file I-130 and I-485 for my mother's greencard (she is in the US)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I file I-130 and I-485 for my mother's greencard (she is in the US)

Dear friends,

My mom traveled from India to the 2 months ago on a visitor visa. We are US citizens and would like to file her Greencard. Since she is here, we want to file for both I-130 and I-1485 concurrently so she doesn't need to go back to India. I have already filled out I-130 online and uploaded documents but I realized that I-485 is something we have to file non-electronically. I am not sure how do I make sure that I file both I-130 and I-485 concurrently. Did anyone go through this in last few months ?

Any help would be appreciated.

You either file both I-130 and I-485 by paper, or you file I-130 online and then file I-485 by paper with a copy of the I-130 receipt.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you. Any preferable method you would suggest ? Getting receipt for I-130 online filing may take some time but I am assuming it should be ok. Also, once we file I-130, she can stay in the US until the case is approved, right ?

Comment

Originally posted by kinjalshah View Post
        Dear friends,

My mom traveled from India to the 2 months ago on a visitor visa. We are US citizens and would like to file her Greencard. Since she is here, we want to file for both I-130 and I-1485 concurrently so she doesn't need to go back to India. I have already filled out I-130 online and uploaded documents but I realized that I-485 is something we have to file non-electronically. I am not sure how do I make sure that I file both I-130 and I-485 concurrently. Did anyone go through this in last few months ?

Any help would be appreciated.
        Hi Member,
        I-485 needs to file only physically. When you apply I-485, you will need to include I-130 receipt notice. Hope it must be generated for now as you have filed through online.
        All the best.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kinjalshah View Post
          Thank you. Any preferable method you would suggest ? Getting receipt for I-130 online filing may take some time but I am assuming it should be ok. Also, once we file I-130, she can stay in the US until the case is approved, right ?
          Hi Member,
          I-130 petition and receipt will not allow you to stay in the USA. Only pending I-485 will give you permission to stay in the USA.
          Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X